• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Program Crash

shazam27

I am trying to do a passthrough to create a single VOB file with a set of VOBs that CloneDVD created from the movie Iron Man. I ripped to HDD via CloneDVD and set the file size to 3.9GB. I also with the movie with AnyDVD because I wanted to see the difference in quality between the two final, single VOB files.

Using CloneDVD Mobile, I was able to create a single VOB file from the AnyDVD files, but the program is crashing at the end of the process when using the ones I resized with CloneDVD. Unfortunately, the program dies so I cant get the log file created by the process...but I did find this in the Windows Event Log:

Faulting application clonedvdmobile.exe, version 1.2.0.1, faulting module clonedvdmobile.exe, version 1.2.0.1, fault address 0x0000a11b.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Scott

PS: I am in the process of replicating this experiment with another DVD to see what will happen.

Mine is crashing also.

Vista 32
CloneDVD Mobile - 1.2.0.1

I'm selecting VOB File (passthrough), next, selecting VIDEO_TS directory from an AnyDVDHD rip, Select Title 1 - Main Feature, click next, take defaults on audio streams and subtitles, select next, Change Label.

Pass 1/2 completes and crashes during the 2nd pass, right as it hits 100%. No Log message, just a Windows Pop Up Error Message Screen ... CloneDVD mobile Application has stopped working ... close program.

Interesting note, it created the file and from VLC looks playable.

I did this yesterday, on a different source and it worked great!

Thanks for the support!
-chris

After further testing, it seems to be failing on both anydvd files as well as clonedvd files.

Same error (and sequence of events) as Chris (above)...

A VOB file does get created in the intended folder, though I havent taken the time to test out the resulting VOB file that gets created...kids have the TV tied up.

Scott

I think the clue is 2nd pass. VOB rips are single pass. I've found that if I rip to MP4 with 3 pass, then switch to VOB rip, The rip process is multi-pass with bad results (application crashes).

To fix, first choose an MP4 rip, and set passes to 1. The go back to VOB rip.

It should work now.

Should be a simple bug to fix :).

I'm also having a problem with the IRON MAN DVD. Came on here to check, have not tried cosmacs solution. Here is my info for the devs if it helps. CloneDVD Mobile did a DVD scan, however when I refreshed the location of the VOB files everything seemed to work fine the second time, the first error message I got from it is at the bottom of this post, I was trying to do mp4 format for zune.

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 6.5.1.1)
TSSTCORP CDDVDW SH-S203N SB01 0822
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 1978880 sectors (3865 MBytes)
Total size: 3957756 sectors (7729 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: IRON_MAN_DOM
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: NTSC
Media is locked to region(s): 1 4!

Found & removed RCE protection!
Structural copy protection not found.
Changed firstplay: Jump directly to TitleMenu!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

CloneDVD mobile 1.2.0.1 reports:
unexpected error
NavigationPack 6 0 12 13 VOBU 4 0 12 PictureReader

I think the clue is 2nd pass. VOB rips are single pass. I've found that if I rip to MP4 with 3 pass, then switch to VOB rip, The rip process is multi-pass with bad results (application crashes).

To fix, first choose an MP4 rip, and set passes to 1. The go back to VOB rip.

It should work now.

Should be a simple bug to fix :).
Thanks cosmac, that solved my problem. I was trying different formats for use with the wdtv media player and made an mp4 using the ps3 mode with 3 passes. You are right, when you try to use vob passthrough it did 3 passes and dvd mobile crashed at 99% finished (on the third pass). Thanks!!!

Back