• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with Warners' Crime Wave/Decoy DVD

phefflefinger

I've been trying to use AnyDVD to decode a Warners DVD and Handbrake to rip a personal copy of it. It's a double DVD of Crime Wave and Decoy--a film noir double feature.

When I try to get Handbrake to read the disk, it stalls and won't finish scanning it.

Then I tried copying the files from the DVD to my hard drive to see if that'd help, but the transfer stalled.

Any thoughts? I attach a ziplog generated by the disk.

Thanks.

(Sorry for the duplication. I originally posted this in the Blu-ray forum and couldn't figure out how to delete it there.)

Attachments

• AnyDVD_8.0.8.0_Info_H_CRIME_WAVE_DECOY.ziplog
    120.4 KB · Views: 4
I've been trying to use AnyDVD to decode a Warners DVD and Handbrake to rip a personal copy of it. It's a double DVD of Crime Wave and Decoy--a film noir double feature.

When I try to get Handbrake to read the disk, it stalls and won't finish scanning it.

Then I tried copying the files from the DVD to my hard drive to see if that'd help, but the transfer stalled.

Any thoughts? I attach a ziplog generated by the disk.

Thanks.

(Sorry for the duplication. I originally posted this in the Blu-ray forum and couldn't figure out how to delete it there.)
First thing to do is set your drive region. Make sure to EXIT AnyDVD before checking or setting it.

After setting the drive region try to rip to folder with AnyDVD only. (eliminate Handbrake from the mix to test).
If that fails submit a new logfile.
-W

Thanks for the suggestions.

I changed the drive to region 1 and tried to use AnyDVD to "Rip videodisc to hard disk." The process began, then stalled with the error message:

FileIO 3 VTS_02_1.VB 3383296 352256

Please see attached screen shot and new logfile.

'Preciate the troubleshooting.

Attachments

120.4 KB · Views: 1
  • AnyDVD error.jpg
    AnyDVD error.jpg
    7.4 KB · Views: 4
I changed the drive to region 1

No you didn't.

Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

As you were told to do in post 2. EXIT anydvd completely!!! The fox tray icon can NOT be active in your system tray. Now go into Windows device manager. SURPRISE!!!

After you've set your region, try again.

I have two optical drives in this machine--a DVD drive and a Blu-ray drive. I set the region for one of them, but not the other--thinking that it wouldn't make a difference. And then--stupid me--I put the DVD in the drive I had not set the region for. Doh!

In any event, I went back (after exiting AnyDVD) and set the other drive to Region 1. So, now, both drives are set to region 1. Then I restarted the computer.

Same failed result. I attach a new ziplog file.

Thanks for the help.

Attachments

116.3 KB · Views: 3
You're still not doing it right.

HP DVD-RAM SW830 BH03 130806001411TP4572

Try again. Until the region is properly set the logfiles are useless

You're still not doing it right.

Try again. Until the region is properly set the logfiles are useless
Huh?
Code:
Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Hmmmm... when I look in the logfile (AnyDVD_Status.txt) I see:

Drive (Hardware) Region: 1

Hmm my bad. Was viewing on tablet. Thing opened the wrong logfile my bad. Apologies

In that case James will need to issue a verdict. I'm going with dirty/defective drive and/or disc

Sent from my Nexus 6P with Tapatalk.

I believe you're correct.

I've tried it in three different drives so it's unlikely that they're all dirty/defective.

I tried cleaning the disk, although I couldn't see any visible dirt or defects. Unfortunately that didn't help.

Could it be due to Warners packing two 75-minute films on one disk?

Hmmm... I just tried to play it with VLC and couldn't even get it to run. Maybe the disk is indeed damaged.

Thanks for the troubleshooting nonetheless.

Back