• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with dynamic change of refresh rate

ragg987

I am having issues with refresh rate changes, and wonder if anyone can share their experience.

If I use the RunEvent.vbs to switch refresh rate (e.g. from 50Hz PAL TV to 24Hz CINEMA), the switch occurs. The problem is that my media application does not consistently like this dynamic switch, and can either hang or start to stutter very badly. I have tried this in MPC-HC and KMPlayer. MPC is even worse in that it pops out of full-screen mode into windowed mode.

I have tried changing the renderer used by the media player - EVR (standard and custom), VMR9 and Haali, they all have issues. I believe EVR is supposed to be designed to cope with dynamic changes.

I have tried to make the switch happen earlier (before launching the media player) by using AnyDVD's external program capability. This works well (if the media is a DVD or mounted ISO), except that I lose the ability to differentiate between PAL and CINEMA.

One thought, which I have not yet tried, is to proceed as follows:
Code:
 - load media
 - Reclock loads and triggers RunEvent.vbs
 - RunEvent logic:
   - if change to refresh rate is required
      - kill media player (perhaps using "taskkill.exe")
      - perform change in refresh rate
      - re-load media player (passing it 'currentMediaFile')
    - endif

Clunky, but potentially workable. Any thoughts / suggestions / experiences?

Using Windows 7 32-bit with Radeon HD5750

Back