• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems with 2012 Blu-Ray

nitewulf69

Not sure if this is the right forum, but I'm running AnyDVD HD 6.6.2.3
I'm trying to play the new 2012 Blu-Ray in PowerDVD 8 Ultra and after the previews, the title menu never appears, just an endless loop of the splash screen minus the menu choices. Using the enter or arrow keys have no result.
Is there a setting in AnyDVD HD that I should have checked or unchecked or is this a PowerDVD problem?

please read the stickies. Where are the logfiles ?

Logfile

Here's the logfile.

0.00s: AnyDVD HD 6.6.2.3

0.03s: Drive: E:, disabled: 0, don't touch: 0, capture: 0
0.03s: medium state: 2
0.03s: ready
0.03s: busy
0.05s: Drive E: locked, result 1, took 0 seconds!
0.06s: mode 0
0.08s: has_something = 1, info->retry_count 0
0.08s: toc response count 2
0.08s: track 1 from 0 to 20358976, Control 4
0.08s: Drive 0 (not set!)
0.08s: read physical failed, sense 5:30:2
0.08s: dvd-rom version 0 120mm 2.52mbps parallel
0.08s: Layer 0 End: 0
0.08s: extract_content data reset 0, io->stop 20358976
0.08s: layer 1 reserved free
4.76s: standard udf
4.76s: label 2012
6.29s: AACS!
6.29s: Allocated 512 replacement sectors at 428310:428022 in /AACS/DUPLICATE/MKB_RO.inf
6.58s: HD type: 1
6.96s: MKB version 16
89c9408e1733 7.07s:
d864a8a5951a 7.07s:
7.24s: HD: GetVolumeKey 1
7.32s: Begin remaster
7.39s: End remaster
7.39s: parse_image took 7 seconds
7.44s: hdtitles
7.46s: Sending Patchlevel 0
7.46s: mode 9247 0x241f

While I'm waiting for a reply, I tried it on another computer also running PowerDVD 8 Ultra and AnyDVD HD 6.6.2.3. Same result: no menu choices.

Then I went to a third computer, also running AnyDVD HD 6.6.2.3 (all licensed versions)
and Corel WinDVD 2010. This time the menu choices were displayed and using arrows and the enter key allowed playback to proceed. So, apparently it is an issued with PowerDVD 8.

thats no logfile, it not even part of it. Please post a FULL logfile, follow the instructions COMPLETELY.

While I'm waiting for a reply, I tried it on another computer also running PowerDVD 8 Ultra and AnyDVD HD 6.6.2.3. Same result: no menu choices.

Then I went to a third computer, also running AnyDVD HD 6.6.2.3 (all licensed versions)
and Corel WinDVD 2010. This time the menu choices were displayed and using arrows and the enter key allowed playback to proceed. So, apparently it is an issued with PowerDVD 8.

Yes, meanwhile that has been established in another thread.
PowerDVD 8 can't handle the menus of this disc (and supposedly a few others, too).

I have cyberlink powerdvd 9 Ultra and there's still that same issue with the menus not showing up on the 2012 blu ray

I have cyberlink powerdvd 9 Ultra and there's still that same issue with the menus not showing up on the 2012 blu ray

That's only mildly surprising, as PowerDVD 8 and 9 use the same BD-J engine.
But good to know, thanks.
You should contact their support, they'll have to fix it.

here's my take..

last night...I backed up "2012" & "Where the Wild Things Are" Blu-rays (using...see signature) using Verbatim BD-R DLs...

MY Power DVD 9 could NOT display the MENU in "2012" ....BUT, IT DID and CAN display the MENU in "Where the Wild Things Are"...so, what does this tell us?
....is this a fix for PDVD9 ....or anydvdhd?....or the Nero 8 burning rom reading/ripping software?

and BTW, when I popped "2012" in either my Pioneer Elite or Panasonic Blu-ray players both had no problem displaying the MENU in 2012....go figger.

Last edited:
last night...I backed up "2012" & "Where the Wild Things Are" Blu-rays (using...see signature) using Verbatim BD-R DLs...

MY Power DVD 9 could NOT display the MENU in "2012" ....BUT, IT DID and CAN display the MENU in "Where the Wild Things Are"...so, what does this tell us?

PowerDVD requires an update. Ask Cyberlink.

....is this a fix for PDVD9 ....or anydvdhd?....or the Nero 8 burning rom reading/ripping software?

and BTW, when I popped "2012" in either my Pioneer Elite or Panasonic Blu-ray players both had no problem displaying the MENU in 2012....go figger.
What's the folder structure on the discs? PDVD has been known to have issues when playing back decrypted ISO's and BD_r's if they don't have all the folders even if they are empty.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.2.3_Info_F_2012.zip
    330.8 KB · Views: 9
Log should hopefully be attached.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.2.3_Info_E_2012.zip
    332.7 KB · Views: 4
Heh...got 2012 last nite, ripped it but didn't play-test the ISO yet :doh:. Might be better off just tearing out the menus via ClownBD or just make an mkv instead of waiting for Cyberlink to slap together a patch (that's my plan anyhow). :)

2012 resolved

:bowdown:PowerDVD problem with 2012 RESOLVED!!!! I went to Cyberlink and downloaded the trial full version of PowerDVD 9 and 2012 works perfect with full keyboard capability. Now I go back online and BUY it. Once again, saved by Slysoft Forum. Now I'm thinking of getting a BD Burner. Thanx guys........ Pops:D
( IT PAYS TO READ ALL THE THREADS.)

:bowdown:PowerDVD problem with 2012 RESOLVED!!!! I went to Cyberlink and downloaded the trial full version of PowerDVD 9 and 2012 works perfect with full keyboard capability. Now I go back online and BUY it. Once again, saved by Slysoft Forum. Now I'm thinking of getting a BD Burner. Thanx guys........ Pops:D
( IT PAYS TO READ ALL THE THREADS.)

Interestingly enough, I just tried it again and this time I got the menu and it played. Maybe they pushed an update perhaps?

did you download an update?

Nope, it just worked this time. It still won't work on 2 other PCs running build 3528 of 8 Ultra. Supposedly, ctrl + A should show any available patches. So far, none are available for my other 2 versions. I'm not real happy with Cyberlink right now.

I broke down and upgraded to DVD 9 Ultra. You have to have the patch to bring it to build 2528 in order for it to work on this disc. I'm not even sure if they'll patch earlier versions like 8; sort of like a forced upgrade.

HP has no idea. here is the second Chat transcript. if you want to read it. but no solution... Please let me know if you find a fix also!!!

Brandon : chart activity id: 1123251
[An agent will be with you shortly.]
[You are now chatting with Victor .]
Victor : Welcome to HP Total Care for Desktop support. My name is Victor. Please give me a few moments while I review your issue description.

NOTE: For security reasons, PLEASE DO NOT send credit card information via chat.

Victor : How are you doing today, Brandon?

Brandon : ok
Victor : Let me confirm that your PC model s5360f. Am I correct?

Brandon : yes
Victor : Thank you for the information.
Victor : Please give me 5 minutes while I review the previous chat session.
Victor : Thank you for being online with me.

Victor : Have you re-installed the Media Smart program in your PC?

Brandon : yes, also the update.
Brandon : there are numerous forums with this problem, cyberlink issued a patch to fix it.
Victor : Have you restarted the Computer after installing Media Smart in your PC?

Brandon: from my understandin hp media smart is a cyber linkk product.
Brandon : yes.
Victor : Okay.

Victor : As per the information, your PC is playing all kinds of Blu-ray DVD's. So, I suggest you to play this blu-ray 2012 DVD in any other PC and check.

Brandon : dont have another blu-ray player
Brandon : it is not the disc, it will play in arcsoft total theatre, but it is a trail so no surround sound.
Brandon: i can send you links to forums that people are having this problem.
Victor : Alright.

Brandon : http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?p=249271
Victor : Please provide me the link, I will check for the information.

Brandon : http://forums.afterdawn.com/t.cfm/f-200/2012_blu-ray-839210/
Victor : Thank you for the information.

Victor : Could you please give me 5 minutes, I will research on this issue.

Brandon Engtrom : http://forums.techguy.org/multimedia/907299-bluray-problems.html
Brandon : yeah
Victor : Thank you.

Brandon : u read it all yet?
Victor : Yes, I am checking with my Supervisor to get expert solution.

Brandon : k thanks.
Victor : Thank you for staying online with me.
Brandon : yep
Victor : Brandon, did you try to play this particular Movie by removing all other blu ray players like arcsoft and try to play with Mediasmart?
Brandon : yes, i no longer have anyother blu-ray software installed.
Brandon : i only doiwnloaded others because hp mediasmart would not display the menu.
Victor : Let me confirm again, that in your PC you are able to play other Blu ray movies using Mediasmart DVD software without any issues except this 2012 blu ray movie DVD, am I correct?
Brandon : correct.
Brandon : so far.
Brandon : i have only played 2 others
Brandon : i have only had this pc for 3 weeks or less
Brandon : i bought it to use as a htpc.
Victor : And Blu ray Drive in this PC detecting 2012 blu ray movie DVD because you are able to see the contents, so the Drive is perfect. And you are able to play Blu ray movies ( other than this 2012 movie) using Mediasmart DVD perfectly without any issues, this scenario shows Mediasmart is perfect.
Brandon : ahh, no
Brandon : it will play the previews on th 2012 disc.
Brandon : drive is perfect
Brandon : software is broken.
Brandon : needs updating
Brandon : or different software.
Victor : Okay, Mediasmart can play only Previews of 2012 movie, but other Blu ray movies are playing completely, is that correct?
Brandon : yes
Victor : Brandon, the only option is make sure this 2012 is completely playing using any full version software.
Brandon : it plays competely with trial versions, minus surround sound, complete versions cost $100.00 +
Victor : I really apologize for the inconvenience with the delay it is taking to isolate, but here the information from your PC is not helping to suspect software or disc.
Brandon : just spent $800.00 for this unit.
Brandon : it is software.
Brandon : how would it not be?
Victor : Brandon, we tried to reinstall Mediasmart software on this PC, but still PC has issues with playing 2012 movie, now the only option left is to set your computer back to factory settings by performing recovery.\
Brandon : your funny!
Brandon : this pc is brand new.
Victor : Yes, I completely understand how you feel; if I were in your situation, I would feel the same.

Brandon : cyberlink makes HP mediasmart. Cyberlink issued a update today to fix this very issue. It is ok for you to say: im very soory we are working on the issue, we will update you when we have more info.
Brandon : and let be that.
Victor : Thank you for your co-operation.

Brandon : i am not angry at hp, i just want to know that the problem will be fixed, i just spent $800.00 on a blu ray player.
Brandon : among other cool stuff it does.
Victor : I will escalate and inform my research team to get expert solution on this issue.

Brandon : thank you have a nice evening.
Victor : You are most welcome.

Victor : You have a great evening too.

Back