• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems ripping "Up"

That is indeed interesting and strange.
But now we are left to wonder if everyone else that ripped UP used a rental disk - because you still stand alone as "the guy having the problems".

-W

Would that really shock you?

The retail copy worked fine for me last night.

I successfully ripped UP - Region 4 which has very similar protection schemes due to it being a Disney release - no issues.

The retail copy worked fine for me last night.

Did you watch the whole movie? The thing rips, but if you watch it you'll find places where it freezes. This happened when I tried to rip four different retail versions and used three different computers to attempt to rip it.

It appears to rip properly, but as you watch it there are problems.

Would that really shock you?

Yes it would - seriuously.
Given the huge user base of AnyDVD, and just the number of members on this board - I would be shocked if no one else had your version of UP.

Usually, if a title causes AnyDVD a problem, this board lights up like a virtual Christmas tree. But in this case you are a lone beacon in the dark. More like Rudolph's Nose - only less wet. :D

That doesn't invalidate that you are having a problem... but it does tend to support the idea that the problem is somehow unique to you, your ystem, or your disk.

-W

I could not rip "UP" (Region 2) (This one has Finnish covers so I don't know can it be found easily from amazon, etc)

Ripping (to folder) seems to be running fine (about 20-25 minutes) but playback from ripped folder will stall movie from time to time.

Also I noticed that ripped version puts more commercial videos at beginning (almost 5 minutes) before I can get "play movie" menu (comparing to direct playback with anydvd running)

I have used CloneDVD earlier so I guess I can't use after evaluation time.

I'll attach logs from AnyDVD.

Summary for drive J: (AnyDVD 6.6.3.0)
ATAPI IHOS104 WL0B 2009/09/15 18:05
Drive (Hardware) Region: 2

Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2036800 sectors (3978 MBytes)
Total size: 4063632 sectors (7936 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: UP
Media is CSS protected!
Video Standard: PAL
Media is locked to region(s): 2!

Found & removed structural copy protection!
Found & removed invalid cell pieces!
Found & removed bogus title set(s)!
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Found & removed 7 potential bad sector protections!
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 2!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.3.0_Info_J_UP.zip
    836.2 KB · Views: 2
Ripping (to folder) seems to be running fine (about 20-25 minutes) but playback from ripped folder will stall movie from time to time.
What are you using for the playback? Are you playing from the computer or have burned to disc and playing in player?

What are you using for the playback? Are you playing from the computer or have burned to disc and playing in player?

VLC 1.0.5. I have not tried to burn it. Playing directly from ripping folder. Menus are interactive and working.

I wonder if it's really the rip.. or just VLC sticking between VOB's. ??

-W

I wonder if it's really the rip.. or just VLC sticking between VOB's. ??

It has not affected before with other DVDs/rips. It's lagging at Pixal lamp animation and again several minutes later. I guess all of the lagging with so short time can't be happening between VOBs.

I'd try another disk... No one anywhere has had a problem with UP for well over a month now.

-W

I'd try another disk... No one anywhere has had a problem with UP for well over a month now.

-W

this disk was present for me and I don't have receipt to change it. I'll try to figure out something then..

If cornered.. use a rental to back up your own disk... shame to have to.

-W

but the rentals for UP are rental exclusive with no menus and no Subtitles for the hearing impaired so the back up will not have everything that they have on their DVD

Well, let's just hope he doesn't have any deaf kids today. Loan him yours...

-W

Last edited:
Public Libraries should have the retail version of any movie. If you feel guilty about using their copy to make a backup, just keep the movie past its due date until the late fee comes close to the original price. :D

If you want the Deluxe edition of "UP" with even more extras, you might not be able to find it at the Public Library near you. However, since some Public Libraries carry both DVD and Blu-ray, they will often buy the Blu-ray/DVD combo pack that Disney offers, which often contains the best version of the DVD (I would hope so, anyway).

And as for those annoying Rental Exclusives at the video stores (many with NO extras), I've noticed that as their stock diminishes (due to loss/theft), Blockbuster has added many Retail versions (with the exclusive extras) of various titles for Rent (such as "Whip It" and "Post Grad"). Before you even think of renting a Rental Exclusive title (with Extras that only the Retail version has) from Blockbuster, wait about a month or so after the release date and then search through all the copies on the rental shelf to see if they added a Retail version for Rent. Think of it as a treasure hunt.

Back