• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems Ripping Shaun the sheep DVD's (French version)

korewabiru

Hello,

I recently bought 2 different DVD of Shaun the Sheep for the kids. I usually make a copy by using AnyDvd from several years now, so I always keep the original version and let use a copy by the kids (scratching or ever breaking dvd's happens quickly!).
I never experienced big problems up to now, but I fear those dvd seems to have thougher protection... Normally I use dvd shrink along with AnyDvd. It runs quickly and mostly without problem. Otherwise, I use the rip to HD option for AnyDvd. That's what I did for both dvd's but without succes. I always get the same error for both dvd's at the same moment. Of course, I have the last anydvd version installed, I tried on 2 different computers and I always get the same result. The problem always happens at the same moment (more or less at the end of disc ripping). When AnyDvd rip system reaches TitleSet 3 (95%), the dvd drive suddenly slows down (such as when you get 'error redundancy' message) and I get the following message: FileIO 3 VTS_03_1.VOB 16777216 16384

Both dvd's were bought in France, have region 2, original tiles: Shaun le mouton 'la course poursuite' and Shaun le mouton 'saute-mouton'

I add the ziplog of one of the first one and print screens from when the dvd drive slows down and the final message.

I hope someone can help me on this!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.7.0_Info_E_SHAUN LE MOUTON VOL4.ziplog
    250.6 KB · Views: 10
  • Ripping Error2.jpg
    Ripping Error2.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 5
  • Ripping Error1.jpg
    Ripping Error1.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 6
Your drive's region is not set, from your log file:

Summary for drive E: (AnyDVD 7.5.7.0, BDPHash.bin 14-11-27)
HP CDDVDW TS-H653T H6D1 1118FB770573
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

You need to set the drive's region:

<<<Right mouse the system tray AnyDVD fox icon and click "exit". >>>

YOU MUST EXIT ANYDVD OR YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE DRIVE REGION

In case you ignored that here it is again:

YOU MUST EXIT ANYDVD OR YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE DRIVE REGION

1. Click start. For XP right click on "My computer"--->select "properties" (in Vista, W7, W8, start > right click "Computer" ---> select "Properties")
2. For XP click on the 'Hardware' tab--->click the 'device manager' button
2a. For Vista, W7, W8 open "Device Manager"
3. Open the dvd/cdrom branch---> right click there on your optical drive
4. Click "properties".
5. You should have a region tab at the top there. Click that and from there you can select a region.

DO NOT BE FOOLED IF YOU SEE "your" REGION THERE. WINDOWS LIES ABOUT THIS DATA.

6. Select the region that matches YOUR COUNTRY. Even if Windows shows your country is "set", do this anyway!
7. Close those panels now. Start Anydvd, insert the DVD and left click the system tray AnyDVD fox and see that the drive status shown is NOT "0".

It is highly recommended you get the latest beta and install it, you can find it at the top of the forum. The current beta is AnyDVD (HD) 7.5.7.3 beta

Thank you for the information.
Unfortunately, after setting the region code 2 to the dirve, and installing the beta version of AnyDvd 7.5.7.3 I still get exacty the same problem...
Here is a new log file

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.7.3_Info_E_SHAUN LE MOUTON VOL4.ziplog
    247.3 KB · Views: 4
Hello,

I recently bought 2 different DVD of Shaun the Sheep for the kids. I usually make a copy by using AnyDvd from several years now, so I always keep the original version and let use a copy by the kids (scratching or ever breaking dvd's happens quickly!).
I never experienced big problems up to now, but I fear those dvd seems to have thougher protection... Normally I use dvd shrink along with AnyDvd. It runs quickly and mostly without problem. Otherwise, I use the rip to HD option for AnyDvd. That's what I did for both dvd's but without succes. I always get the same error for both dvd's at the same moment. Of course, I have the last anydvd version installed, I tried on 2 different computers and I always get the same result. The problem always happens at the same moment (more or less at the end of disc ripping). When AnyDvd rip system reaches TitleSet 3 (95%), the dvd drive suddenly slows down (such as when you get 'error redundancy' message) and I get the following message: FileIO 3 VTS_03_1.VOB 16777216 16384

Both dvd's were bought in France, have region 2, original tiles: Shaun le mouton 'la course poursuite' and Shaun le mouton 'saute-mouton'

I add the ziplog of one of the first one and print screens from when the dvd drive slows down and the final message.

I hope someone can help me on this!
You can try to set AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH JAMES!

It worked perfectly (even by using old dvd shrink).

THANK YOU VERY MUCH JAMES!

It worked perfectly (even by using old dvd shrink).

Make sure you change the AI Scanner setting back to "Automatic (Default)." The devs (James) have a number of times said "always enabled" is only for a few DVDs, not all.

Thank you for the advice.
I will set it back to "Automatic (Default)". I'm sorry I do not know all the AnyDvd features...
But I'm sure now I will find lots of info on this forum.
Thank you again and great job for this very usefull software!

Back