• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problems for some time now

You were right as usual. AnyDVD choked at the same point on the DVD. Per your request:

LOWERFILTERS: AnyDVD ElbyCDFL Pfc PxHelp20
UpperFilters: GEARAspiWDM

At least we were successful cleaning up my registry!

The order of my work after cleanup was to use VSO - I did get errors. I then ran AnyDVD - and did continue to get errors. I'll probably not repeat it since I think we've established that there was a problem. I'll assume the drive is starting to go - I find it odd that it repeats itself on the same disks, however. With some it's fine - with others, it's always a problem. I would think that if the performance were marginal, it would sometimes work, and sometimes not - irrespective of the disk in there.

Thanks for the help.

The order of my work after cleanup was to use VSO - I did get errors.

Does VSO inspector also report errors on the same disc on the system that you managed to use Shrink successfully on? If so, the disc is bad/damaged.

If not, I have to believe either the optical drive on the system you are getting read errors on is either dying or simply inferior in terms of reading through scratches (or reading through mastering/quality control issues on the disc).

Last edited:
Yes, VSO registers errors on the same disk in the same system with problems. Before and after the requested changes, the response appears to be the same. The same file on the DVD is where the problems occur (oddly enough - with both DVD originals), the same errors, etc. That same DVD can be easily copied on another machine with no AnyDVD (just using DVD shrink).

So, I'll trust your inference about this particular machine - either the optical drive is dynig, or inferior for mastering/quality (I assume the latter since both DVDs of same title appear to be clean [w/o scratches] after careful eximation).

Thanks again.

Yes, VSO registers errors on the same disk in the same system with problems.

No, I meant on the system where Shrink worked properly . . . Does VSO inspector also report errors on the disk on that system? If so, the disc is, in fact, bad or damaged.

Last edited:
Back