• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with using Windows Explorer to look at BluRay disc

daman

I use to be able to use windows explorer to directly look at a bluray disc's files and copy them. Now I cannot. When I try to access the drive, windows gives me this message:

"Disk is not formatted. Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows."

However, I can use AnyDVD HD's "Rip video DVD to harddisk" and it copies the files fine. Is there any reason why I would not be able to access the disc through explorer but able to through the ripper? The problem exists whether or not I have AnyDVD HD on or off. Is there any way to fix this?

I use to be able to use windows explorer to directly look at a bluray disc's files and copy them. Now I cannot. When I try to access the drive, windows gives me this message:

"Disk is not formatted. Windows cannot read from this disk. The disk might be corrupted or it could be using a format that is not compatible with windows."

However, I can use AnyDVD HD's "Rip video DVD to harddisk" and it copies the files fine. Is there any reason why I would not be able to access the disc through explorer but able to through the ripper? The problem exists whether or not I have AnyDVD HD on or off. Is there any way to fix this?

If you are running Windows XP you will need to install the Toshiba UDF 2.5 driver to allow you to view the contents of either HD or BD discs from within Windows. The way AnyDVD HD operates it can read the discs regardless of whether the OS natively supports the UDF or not. Windows Vista natively supports UDF 2.5/2.6.

NOTE: Refer to this (http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=15597) thread about installing the drivers!

Last edited:
hate to sound stupid but

I have tryed installing the tosh udf 2.5 as exsplin in these thred, but just caint seem to get it to work

when I navgate to the install folder i can only find the setup file

I have tryed sheaching for the (thdudf.inf) file but windows caint find it

so if soom one can help out the blu ray neebo it would realy help as I bvought mt sony reader so I could rip films not watch them on my pc

I am runnig win xp pro

T.I.A

I have the same problem. It's not the problem with UDF driver, as I was able to see the drive, folder, and files fine before. Now I can't read the drive with explorer, but PowerDVD can read the show the Blu-ray movies.

Then that sounds like a UDF error as PowerDVD should be able to play them back as discs anyway. If you can't browse them in explorer then you haven't installed the UDF 2.5 driver

Could it be some sort of rootkit virus? This is the second time this has happened. Both times everything was working fine with explorer folder opening with decrypted folders whenever Blu-ray or HD DVD was inserted into my combo LG drive. Then this time, my computer experience BSOD with That's Entertainment II HD DVD. Slysoft AnyDVD gave a message that it was decrypting the disc and then computer reset. After that, explorer folder no longer opens with Blu-ray or HD DVD. My computer shows the Blu-ray/HD DVD combo drive as a CD drive when Blu-ray/HD DVD is inserted and you can't open the disc to see the files. PowerDVD continues to play most Blu-ray and HD DVD. I've tried re-installing AnyDVD and UDF2.5 to no avail. This has to be more common since it's happened to me twice with 2 different computers. Any ideas?

look in C:\Windows\Minidump for the failing driver causing your BSOD

I reinstalled UDF 2.5 driver again, and low and behold, the problem is fixed.:confused:

Back