• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Oblivion

Hey mate. I may be a *bit* necro-posting on this one, but I had your exact same problem. What I had to do is make the profile like normal (automatic mode).

Right click the profile and go to 'edit profile'
- in this screen click the 'Advanced Options' box
- where it says 'profile running process' type Oblivion.exe

press ok/update your way back to GJ main window

give it a try from there and hopefully do a happy little dance!

For what it's worth, I'm pointing GJ directly to Oblivion.exe, not the launcher. If you use the launcher for whatever reason (I use 3rd party mod tools so don't generally have to touch it) I would assume that it would work just fine if you loaded the Oblivion profile manually (load with auto-start disabled option) and then ran the launcher like that. BUT either way, hopefully this fixes the oblivion problem for you, too :)

It really works

I deleted the last profile I tried and followed your info to create a new one and presto! It works without the disk now!

Thanks, you should apply for a job with Slysoft Support.

:agree:

Last edited:
Never get too happy until you restart your computer

Well... it did work just fine.
Until I restarted the system and now it's right back to asking for the disk.
Sometimes you just can't win.

First try upgrading to the latest version.
Next, if that still doesn't help, use the "update profile" option (right-click the profile to get the menu).

DOH sorry mate. I'm out of tricks if that didn't work. Once I got it working I locked it, and haven't had a problem since.

Good luck with getting it sorted :)

Still no luck

I tried update profile after installing the latest version, but it still asks for the disk when starting. I have only one thought to consider... I have Oblivion installed on the D drive and not the C drive if that would make any difference at all.

Thanks

That shouldn't make any difference.

Let me do a few tests and I will get back to you.

I too am running Vista Untimate 32 bit, and I was having the same problem that TCShavasu was having. So, then I tried the suggestion by TAK and at first it was a no go, but when it asked for the disk, I put it in and then the very next time I launched Oblivion from Jackal it launched without disk. I then shut down the computer and when I booted back up, Viola the profile worked without a hitch. I hope this helps.:)

P.S. now if I could just get Jackal to profile Crysis! It hangs every time and crashes the PC with a blue screen frequently.:(

I too am running Vista Untimate 32 bit, and I was having the same problem that TCShavasu was having. So, then I tried the suggestion by TAK and at first it was a no go, but when it asked for the disk, I put it in and then the very next time I launched Oblivion from Jackal it launched without disk. I then shut down the computer and when I booted back up, Viola the profile worked without a hitch. I hope this helps.:)

Maybe you could export the profile and post it here ;)

No problem:agree:

Attachments

• GJ_Oblivion.zip
    4.1 KB · Views: 10
I was having this problem as well but have got it working today and it still works after multiple shut downs. It seems to have trouble right off the bat with Oblivion for who knows what reason.

I created a new profile pointed it to the correct directory and exe file. When I made it to step 5 for profiler mode I chose "Standard Mode". I also checked off on "Image mode" and left "Use quick launch" selected. It took about 6 or 7 minutes on my system to create the profile. I then removed the disk and clicked the GJ Oblivion icon and it started up. To make sure it wasn't a fluke I restarted the system to my disappointment upon clicking it Oblivion didn't start so I clicked it again and received the no disk error. Once that went away I clicked it again and got nothing but after looking away for a few minutes was surprised to see the OB menu staring back at me. It appears to take time to start up and I notice I only receive the no disk error if I double click the OB icon multiple times.

So it seems if I just wait a couple to a few minutes it starts up fine. I wonder if anyone else was jumping the gun as well and clicking it again if it didn't start off the bat? I am using v2.9.18.610 with XP Pro/SP2 I will let you guys know if this profile fails down the road here.

Did you try importing the profile from the above reply?

I didn't try that one I stopped on page 3 earlier so didn't see it. My profile seems solid now but if it fails down the road here I will give that one a try.

Try updating your CD/DVD player's firmware. I updated my Sony DRU 720A to the latest firmware and that solved the problem.

Back