• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with native PAL playback

DeadMan3000

I am having trouble with native PAL material. Sources that are true PAL rather than film sources that were sped up. When playing back true PAL sources with PAL speed down I am getting audio sync issues on some sources. The audio keeps intermittently dropping out also. If I switch to 50Hz and turn PAL speed down off the audio plays fine but the video is juddery. Especially if I throw MadVR into the mix in which case it turns into a slideshow. On true 23.976FPS sources ReClock in conjunction with MadVR plays fine. If I take ReClock out of the chain true PAL sources all play fine at 50Hz.

ReClock 1.8.7.1
MPC-HC build 2232 32bit

EDIT: Hmm. Seems to be this particular source is problematic. It must be something in the encoding of it. It's a 720P VC1 source at 25FPS and even without ReClock in the chain it turns into a slideshow with MadVR. I can provide a sample upon request if that is any help. I may have to provide one for MadVR anyhow.

EDIT2: Well I seem to have figured out how to get smooth PAL speed down. It might be because I now have it set to WASABI exclusive whereas before I didn't. That's one thing solved. However it still judders in 50Hz mode and still does not want to play ball with MadVR bu then it does that without ReClock in the chain so that's a MadVR issue and not a ReClock one so you can ignore that. The juddery playback at 50Hz though I am unsure of whether it's a problem related to 25 progressive on my HDTV. I know that can be a problem sometimes. Or if something in this particular encode is causing issues. I hate it when I can't pout my finger on the exact issue.

I have provided a 1 minute sample of the problematic video anyhow so you can judge for yourself.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ocdyxzfd0yvb4og

Ack! I spoke too soon. It's still wandering out of sync and the audio keeps dropping out. Something is definitely off with this source.

Last edited:
Back