• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with "My Place" Season 2 Disc 1

jpmccusa

I can't get this to rip with DVDShrink OR with the AnyDVD ripper, even though CDScan gives the disc a 100% good result. I suspect there's something not getting picked up about Structural Protection, because Disc 2 has structural protection --- it rips fine with AnyDVD Ripper.

I'm attaching the logfile. If you want one from Disc 2, say the word...

ADDED LATER: Note that I WAS able to rip this successfully with VOBBLANKER but this won't help a lot of folks, as I have an old version which works with AnyDVD active. I haven't actually watched the output as yet, so I may not have actually gotten a good copy...if there are problems with the disc created I'll bring this to your attention, too.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.1.0_Info_D_MY PLACE_SERIES 2_DISC 1.zip
    121.4 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Try forcing the AI scanner to ALWAYS ENABLED in AnyDVD and see if it picks it up.

-W (don't forget to change it back)

This worked

I wasn't quite sure what you were suggesting but I enabled Aggressive I/O mode and that worked just fine. It didn't detect structural protection, though.

With that restored and with A/I Scanner always enabled, the structural protection was detected and removed.

Both methods seem to work to solve this particular disc. Thanks for interest, and all the good work!

Because I found it before I found the AI Scanner change thingy...simple, huh?

Because I found it before I found the AI Scanner change thingy...simple, huh?

Never change any settings if you don't know what they do. Even if they are called "free sex and free beer". ;)
And the "agressive I/O" is a pretty dangerous setting.

Thanks for that --- I'd already changed it back, though, anyway...

Never change any settings if you don't know what they do. Even if they are called "free sex and free beer".

Hey, With more than 5000 posts on this board (1/2 of them even of help);
I never got a "free sex and beer setting". :D

-W

Back