• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with "Die Perlmutterfarbe"

jpmccusa

The problem is the rip --- I ripped to hard disc but the DVD still gives problems: either it is missing some of the feature when I make a DVD or some of the vob are missing when I rip from the ripped image with either DVDecrypter or PGCdemux, which I HAVE to do to add subtitles to the film. I've had this problem with a few discs before but I'd like a fix: how do I get a proper functioning rip from the original DVD? I'm attaching the logfile, of course.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.8.7.0_Info_D_DVDVolume.zip
    127.2 KB · Views: 6
Are you ripping to IMAGE or FOLDER with AnyDVD ??

-W

To folder

To folder, as it happens. At least I think so. There is one option Rip to Image and one Rip to hard Drive, right? I use the Hard Drive.

Ok.. that's the correct way. I took a quick look at the log and it appears this DVD has some protections on it. One of the masters will have to look at your log and see what's going on.

In the meantime you can test the pure AnyDVD rip by playing the ripped DVD from that folder on your hard drive. Just "play" the VideoTS.IFO file to play the rip.

The other test is to try to play the original factory made DVD on your PC with AnyDVD active (and at default settings) - if it all works OK that way - then your problem is not with AnyDVD, but rather the something to do with the post-processing.

-W

Last edited:
Ok

I'll have to get back to you later --- I'm trying to convert it at .avi at the moment to convert back to DVD. It'll cost some quality but at least it'll work, ha ha. This step will take quite a while, too.

Thanks for all the help!

OK, it plays both from the file and from the disc. But I still do not get a good rip with either PGCdemux or DVDdecrypter. How do I get this done right?

Try CloneDVD2 found here.
(Or the freeware DVD Shrink if you're old school. :D )

(I think both allow you to select and force subpicture streams)

You can burn the AnyDVD rip to disk with the freeware IMGBurn as well (to a duel layer blank)

-W

Last edited:
I'm sorry, I guess I'm not getting my message across. I do use DVDshrink usually, but not for this aspect: I have to demux the files to use the programs for ADDING subtitles from .srt files. When I try to demux with PGCdemux or DVDecrypter, some of the vob files are not included in the output. This film is 1:38:48.11 long in the feature. However, only 58:01 is being captured by the demux process (or less with other burning programs). The rip with the demux program is therefore not accurately being handled. This happens even when I rip the disc first and try to work with that file. Using VOBblanker didn't help, either.

I'm also sorry, but this issue is way over my head.
I think that from here - you're going to want to use the 3rd party forum.
Since we've determined that AnyDVD is delivering a proper working rip - the issue seems to lie with the "other software" and how it's used for your rather unique purpose.

-W

Back