• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with Bourne trilogy

VirtualRipper

Someone else posted on this same/similar problem back in 2013, but he didn't get any responses.

I have the Bourne triology on 3 "flipper" discs. One side is BR, the other DVD. I am having the same problem with all 3 disks in multiple drives.

The ripping starts out fine, be it a bit slow (10M/sec, compared to 30M/sec for other BR disks) but then they slowly start slowing down, until they get to about 30%, then it stops with a read error.

Interestingly enough, DVDFab and MAKEMKV aren't even recognizing these discs.

Attached is a log file...Thoughts?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.7.0_Info_E_BOURNE_IDENT.ziplog
    343.3 KB · Views: 8
I followed the bad disk sticky...

I created an image of the BR disk using Image Burn, I then restarted AnyDVD HD and mounted the disk using VCD. I was then able to play the image with the PotPlayer app. I was also then able to use AnyDVD HD to create an un-encrypted ISO image from the encrypted ISO image.

My first post has the log file from the physical BR disk that AnyDVD HD could not properly read. The attachment in this post is the logfile of the ISO image created from IB that AnyDVD HD could read.

It was also interesting to note, IB was able to read this disk at 30M/sec, whereas AnyDVD HD was only able to read it at 10M/sec before it died.

So I assume this means the issue is with AnyDVD HD and not the disk?

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.7.0_Info_G_BOURNE_IDENT.ziplog
    343.3 KB · Views: 5
I followed the bad disk sticky...

I created an image of the BR disk using Image Burn, I then restarted AnyDVD HD and mounted the disk using VCD. I was then able to play the image with the PotPlayer app. I was also then able to use AnyDVD HD to create an un-encrypted ISO image from the encrypted ISO image.

My first post has the log file from the physical BR disk that AnyDVD HD could not properly read. The attachment in this post is the logfile of the ISO image created from IB that AnyDVD HD could read.

It was also interesting to note, IB was able to read this disk at 30M/sec, whereas AnyDVD HD was only able to read it at 10M/sec before it died.

So I assume this means the issue is with AnyDVD HD and not the disk?

No, you are draw the wrong conclusion.

A totally useless response without telling what the issue really is.

The issue is your disc or drive, simple as that, you drew a conclusion that AnyDVD was the problem, James just said you were wrong

The issue is your disc or drive, simple as that, you drew a conclusion that AnyDVD was the problem, James just said you were wrong

It's generally considered rude to tell someone they are wrong, without explaining why.

So why can ImgBurn read this disk just fine at 30M/sec, but AnyDVD can't read it w/o errors?

According to the sticky, if IB or CloneCD can read the disk, the suspect then turns to AnyDVD HD, and thus the request for log files.

Have you tried re-ripping the disc again with AnyDVD HD running? Sounds to me like you have a borderline faulty disc.

I don't have the flip discs (as they were always a terrible idea due to light bleeding through from both sides) but this discs is really old and uses AACS 9 with no other protection so I seriously doubt there's any issues other than a failing disc

Last edited:
I have all three bourne's and i had no issue with ripping. I typically stream off my server and have anydvdHD rip while I watch it. But just for Sheets and Giggles i played the disk and ripped on the fly with no issue.

Now that does not mean we have the same exact version of the Blu-ray, so its like comparing fruit with a blindfold on. The odds that after all these years that the blu-ray has been out and your the only reporting issues leads us back to the same thing all of us have said. Either your Drives are having issues, dirty lenses, drives are wearing down or the disk has imperfections that are causing it to die.

Back