• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem with AC3 Encoder in ReClock 1.2.0

cbemoore

I've been trying out the AC3 encoding in ReClock 1.2.0. I've selected both "Use AC3 Encoder" and "only with multichannel sound".

If I play back a 5.1 DTS track, it works perfectly. But if I try to play back a 3ch DTS track (with just Left, Centre and Right channels) I get no sound. So it looks like there's a bug in the AC3 encoder code.

I can work around it by enabling the Mixer in FFDShow, so that FFDShow converts it from 3ch to 5.1, and ReClock receives 5.1. But it would be nice if the encoder worked properly in the first place!

Has anyone else come across this problem?

I've been trying out the AC3 encoding in ReClock 1.2.0. I've selected both "Use AC3 Encoder" and "only with multichannel sound".

If I play back a 5.1 DTS track, it works perfectly. But if I try to play back a 3ch DTS track (with just Left, Centre and Right channels) I get no sound. So it looks like there's a bug in the AC3 encoder code.

I can work around it by enabling the Mixer in FFDShow, so that FFDShow converts it from 3ch to 5.1, and ReClock receives 5.1. But it would be nice if the encoder worked properly in the first place!

Has anyone else come across this problem?
Does it work if you disable "only with multichannel sound"?
Where is the logfile?

I enabled logging but I can't find the log anywhere!

Which directory is the log stored in these days? It used to be in the C:\ root directory, but I can't see it there...

And I still get no sound even when I disable "only with multichannel"....

Just found the log in "My Documents".

The log should show 4 attempts at loading the film. The first 2 attempts are with "only multichannel" enabled, and the second 2 are with it disabled.

As a completely separate issue, the first time I try to play the film in Vista Media Center, it fails with an error message. The second time I try to play the film, it loads correctly. You should be able to see this in the log. This happens for all films (5.1 and 3ch) and seems to be related to AC3 encoding - it doesn't happen if I use AC3 passthrough.

Does this help?

Attachments

• reclock_log.zip
    16.4 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Just found the log in "My Documents".

The log should show 4 attempts at loading the film. The first 2 attempts are with "only multichannel" enabled, and the second 2 are with it disabled.
and did it work?

As a completely separate issue, the first time I try to play the film in Vista Media Center, it fails with an error message.
and the error message was?

As a completely separate issue, the first time I try to play the film in Vista Media Center, it fails with an error message.

The error message on screen is "Cannot Play Video. Windows Media Center cannot open the file.".

The log output is captured in the log I attached above.

Back