• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem ripping Shameless Season 1 Blurays

greynolds

As the title suggests, I'm running into problems ripping the discs from Shameless Season 1. I've tried 2 copies of disc 1 so far and 1 copy of disc 2 and they all give me an error reading from drive with a range of sectors listed (sectors 6006048-6006079 on the 2nd copy of disc 1). It's certainly possible that I'm getting bad discs, but 3 out of 3 seems rather unlikely and none of them have anything resembling serious scratches.

Is there a known issue ripping these?

In case it matters, the labeling text can be seen through the shiny side of the discs, but I've seen that before on other Blurays without any problems.

These are Netflix rentals - my procedure is to rip them when they arrive so I know right away if I've got a bad disc and then delete the rips once they get watched.

As the title suggests, I'm running into problems ripping the discs from Shameless Season 1. I've tried 2 copies of disc 1 so far and 1 copy of disc 2 and they all give me an error reading from drive with a range of sectors listed (sectors 6006048-6006079 on the 2nd copy of disc 1). It's certainly possible that I'm getting bad discs, but 3 out of 3 seems rather unlikely and none of them have anything resembling serious scratches.

Is there a known issue ripping these?

In case it matters, the labeling text can be seen through the shiny side of the discs, but I've seen that before on other Blurays without any problems.

These are Netflix rentals - my procedure is to rip them when they arrive so I know right away if I've got a bad disc and then delete the rips once they get watched.

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue with Grimm Season 1 blu-ray discs....

All discs are the same in that two of the five episodes will be OK and then three will fail soon after starting.

Regards,

Neither one of you posted any logs. But having said that, read errors on Blurays mean a defective disc or drive. Did you read the Sticky: https://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?30640-READ-errors-on-Blu-rays
I'll try out the ImgBurn procedure and see if my results are different. I'm fairly confident the drive is fine because it's been reading other discs just fine (in fact I just finished ripping a different disc, Eureka Season 1 Disc 1 Bluray, without any problem). I've had plenty of bad discs from Netflix over the years, it just seems odd that 3 out of 3 discs (2 copies of the same and 1 other) are having issues in this case. I've got a 3rd copy of disc 1 arriving tomorrow. The "Create logfile" option seems to be disabled for me...

The "Create logfile" option seems to be disabled for me...

Then you have a problem. That option should never be disabled, it should be available even if there is no disc in the drive.

Then you have a problem. That option should never be disabled, it should be available even if there is no disc in the drive.
Apparently it's disabled when the "Rip Video DVD to Hard Disk" dialog is opened... So I presume the procedure is select the create log option then open the rip dialog and proceed?

Apparently it's disabled when the "Rip Video DVD to Hard Disk" dialog is opened... So I presume the procedure is select the create log option then open the rip dialog and proceed?

It may not make a difference in this case, but it is preferable to "Rip to Image" with Bluray, "Rip video Disc to harddisk" with DVD. To create a log:
a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original disc in your optical drive/reader. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.ziplog" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .ziplog file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zipped file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

It may not make a difference in this case, but it is preferable to "Rip to Image" with Bluray, "Rip video Disc to harddisk" with DVD.
I'm ripping Blurays to folder structure because my Oppo BDP-105D will play Bluray folder structures that have been placed in an AVCHD folder (and had BDMV_Modify run on it), but not ISO's. JRiver Media Center seems to work a bit better with folder structures than ISO's too. So ripping them this way just works out better for my needs.

To create a log:
The log file for season 1 disc 1 is attached. I'll be doing the ImgBurn test in a bit and will report back with my findings.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.5.6.0_Info_D_SHAMELESS_SEASON_2_DISC_1.ziplog
    670.4 KB · Views: 3
As mmdavis said, if you get read errors on a Blu-ray disc it's always faulty/dirty discs or a failing drive.

If you have a current license you should also update your AnyDVD as your version is quite old

Last edited:
I'll be doing the ImgBurn test in a bit and will report back with my findings.
It hasn't finished yet, but ImgBurn is finding a bunch of errors in transferring the disc (which is Season 2 Disc 1 in this case and the log file I attached, not Season 1 Disc 1) to an ISO file. It looks like Netflix must have a bad batch of discs for this series as none of them have obvious visible issues that would result in so many consistent problems and I'm not having issues with reading any other Blurays in my drive. At this point, I've had the same issue with 4 out of 4 discs from this series. If the 2nd replacement for Season 1 Disc 1 (which will be the 3rd copy of the disc) that is supposed to arrive today has issues, I'm going to give up on this series from Netflix. Season 1 is pretty cheap from Amazon, so I could give that a shot - if I find I like the series I can purchase the other seasons from Amazon or give Netflix another try.

Though I don't consider being 2 revisions behind as being quite old (I currently have version 7.5.6.0 installed), I'll update AnyDVD to the latest version (I have 3 lifetime licenses so I can use it on multiple PC's), but I suspect it won't make a difference in this particular case.

Last edited:
It won't, if even IMGBurn errors there's your proof. Exchange the disc.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn Nexus 7 met Tapatalk

It hasn't finished yet, but ImgBurn is finding a bunch of errors in transferring the disc (which is Season 2 Disc 1 in this case and the log file I attached, not Season 1 Disc 1) to an ISO file. It looks like Netflix must have a bad batch of discs for this series as none of them have obvious visible issues that would result in so many consistent problems and I'm not having issues with reading any other Blurays in my drive. At this point, I've had the same issue with 4 out of 4 discs from this series. If the 2nd replacement for Season 1 Disc 1 (which will be the 3rd copy of the disc) that is supposed to arrive today has issues, I'm going to give up on this series from Netflix. Season 1 is pretty cheap from Amazon, so I could give that a shot - if I find I like the series I can purchase the other seasons from Amazon or give Netflix another try.

Though I don't consider being 2 revisions behind as being quite old (I currently have version 7.5.6.0 installed), I'll update AnyDVD to the latest version (I have 3 lifetime licenses so I can use it on multiple PC's), but I suspect it won't make a difference in this particular case.

hello,

install 7.5.4.0 , since 7.5.4.* i got read errors on brand new disk that i do not have with 7.5.4.0.
Seems there's a problem with LG Players , i got also a LG player like greynolds

The third copy of Season 1 Disc 1 arrived yesterday and I ran into the same problem ripping it as the other 2 copies of that disc and with Season 1 Disc 2 and Season 2 Disc 1.

It's certainly possible that 5 discs were all defective, but that seems rather unlikely and seems more like a possible compatibility issue with my Bluray drive. Is there a particular brand and model of Bluray drive that's generally recommended these days? Since my drive is now several years old, it wouldn't hurt to replace it or to add a second, different, drive.

Just to be clear, the point of my initial post wasn't to point fingers at there being some sort of bug in AnyDVD HD but rather to find out if other people have run into issues ripping discs from this series (or not) and figure out if I've received a batch of bad discs, or if there might be a compatibility issue with my drive, or if something else is at play here.

In the meantime, I've ripped a bunch of other discs. I recently purchased the complete Eureka series on Bluray from Amazon Italy since it looks like they aren't going to release it on Bluray here and am just about ripping all 18 discs without a single issue. So I doubt that my drive is failing, but that doesn't rule out some sort of compatibility issue with some discs.

I mentioned this in the first post, but nobody addressed it - text from the label side of the Shamless discs can be seen on the other side of all the Shameless discs. I don't recall noticing this on other Bluray discs and I wonder if that might cause issues for some drives.

install 7.5.4.0 , since 7.5.4.* i got read errors on brand new disk that i do not have with 7.5.4.0.
Seems there's a problem with LG Players , i got also a LG player like greynolds
Since it was simple to do, I gave this a try, but the result was the same.

So I gave up on the discs from Oppo and ordered Season 1 from Amazon on Bluray. The discs that arrived ripped without any issues, so clearly Netflix must have a bad batch of discs.

Back