• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem Ripping HD DVD with windows2000

medphoto

Hello,

i am using a registered AnyDVD HD 6.3.0.7 and attempting to backup a HD DVD using windows 2000 and the xbox external drive connected via USB

I am able to successfully rip a regular DVD to the hard drive, but with i attempt a HD DVD I get the error

Error writing File z:\blah\HVDVD_TS\HVA00001.VTI!

Incorrect Function.
------------------------------------------------------

2 directories are created on the Hard disk, and the .VTI file is created but is 0 bytes.

I have tried 2 difference HD DVDs and 2 different hard drives but get the same error each time. I don't have a problem with regular DVDs.
I do not have UDF drivers installed, but AnyDVD does not require this.

Any suggestions please ?

Are you able to play the disc?If not,it could be a problem with the disc.If it plays o.k. but,won`t rip,you can go to page 2 and send a zip file located in the My Documents folder that logs the errors and Slysoft can tell you if AnyDVD is the problem or not.

Have you checked you're on the latest SP for windows 2000, also I'd try installing the UDF 2.5 drivers anyway. Also is drive Z a network drive? If so try using a local drive

Last edited:
I will have a look at the log file and see what the error is.

I do not have the xbox with me at the moment so i cannot check if the disks play, but both disks fail at the start and they do no appear scratched or damaged.

I will try to clear up 30 gigs of local storage space to see if that makes a difference, and will update to SP4.

Not sure where i can get a windows2000 UDF driver .. I i can get that working then i should be able to just drag and drop the files accross withoiut needing the anydvd ripper.

Thanks for your suggestions

Last edited:
I thought AnyDVD HD already had UDF2.5 drivers.Could it be the version of PDVD your using?I`m not sure,just trying to think of anything that might help.

I have updated windows2000 to SP4, the same error message persists.

I have looked at the log files and the scanning of the disks has non problems, only the AnyDVD Ripper - so the logs reveal no errors.

I have also tried a 3rd HDDVD movie and have the same error.

I have also tried installing the Adaptec UDF Reader Driver 5.1.1.213 to windows2000 and still cannot read the HDDVD file structure (probably < UDF 2.5 driver)

I have however successfully backed up a HDDVD to an ISO using ImgBurn to create an ISO, and this mounts correctly in Leopard. I had been hoping that Apple would have announced a HD upgrade at macworld.

Thanks

I`ve never created an ISO image,so I can`t advise you there but,most people who mount them use Daemon tools to do it.Maybe this would work for you.I`m sorry I`m not better to help you,I still have alot to learn.

Take your ISO and mount it in Daemon Tools and you should be good to go, as Bill101 said.

Do a search for 'thdudf.inf' that should find you a link for the UDF 2.5 drivers, hopefully it should just install into 2000(right click on the thdudf.inf file and choose 'install') then reboot

Back