• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem ripping FORTRESS

jpmccusa

I'm unable to rip to hard disc. I get FileIO 3VTS_07_1.VOB 1514084352 432128 as an error. ScanDisc reports no errors. I'm attaching a logfile...good luck with it!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.0.9.4_Info_E_FORTRESS.zip
    93.9 KB · Views: 9
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.
Is the disc a copy already? (or not a genuine manufactured DVD).
What happens if you disable AnyDVD?

Total size: 2278585 sectors (4450 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: FORTRESS
Media is not CSS protected.
Media is region free.

This is likely not an original retail disc.

12.77s: Added cell Title, VTS 7, PGC 2, LU 1, Cell 9
State steps: 1
Highest steps: 34
Highest total steps: 804
Highest Button depth: 3
Total count: 34
Total cell count: 19
WARNING: Problem reading navpack, curSector 1465932, absoluteSector 1648586

12.77s: Added cell Title, VTS 7, PGC 2, LU 1, Cell 9
Highest steps: 34
Highest total steps: 804
Total count: 34
Total cell count: 19
WARNING: Problem reading navpack, curSector 1465932, absoluteSector 1648586

25.59s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
25.59s: tries 2 retry 1779289 to 1779290

27.58s: Added cell Title, VTS 7, PGC 2, LU 1, Cell 12
Highest steps: 54
Highest total steps: 949
Total count: 54
Total cell count: 24
WARNING: Problem reading navpack, curSector 1988932, absoluteSector 2171586

Looks like a defective disc, however try the following. Since the disc is both region and CSS free a simply folder copy via windows explorer should normally work. However i suspect you'll likely encounter a CRC error message from windows. If that happens it's a defective disc.

It's real

It's a real commercial disc, from Thailand. It's advertised as R3 but really it's not region coded, a frequent occurrence with stuff from there. It's not a blue-surface disc. It also has the quite frequent band of not-etched surface as a break in the track. It shows structural copy protection which is why I tried to rip it to hard disc.

That being said, I changed drives and it ripped fine, and it seems like the copy was made without a problem too. However, the original disc froze up and I'll have to check whether that's a problem with the copy, too. I'll get back to you if it's still problematic.

Do you want a logfile from the newer drive?

Thanks for the help!

Well if its a commercial disc, it sure looks alot like a bootleg pressed disc. The amount of single layer discs for retails is pretty slim, combining that with NO protection whatsoever, no css, no region, no RCE, no structural protection, not anything sure makes the disc looks fishy. If you were able to rip on another drive then you have probably 1 of 3 things on your hands. 1) the other drive is more fault tolerant than the other one, 2) the disc is borderline defective or 3), the first drive you using is dead/or dying. My bets are on 2

I'm unable to rip to hard disc. I get FileIO 3VTS_07_1.VOB 1514084352 432128 as an error. ScanDisc reports no errors. I'm attaching a logfile...good luck with it!

Try to set AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc. And what is "ScanDisc"?

Yes, I tried that. It just meant that the rip stopped 10% earlier in the ripping process. ScanDisc is a utility in Nero DiscSpeed 4 for scanning discs for defects.

Hope that helps. Have you ever come across this unetched ring in discs other than the few I've gotten with this from Thailand? If you want to look into this some more, let me know and I'll do what I can to help out.

Here's a scan of the ring on the disc as an attachment. Also attached is the settings image...you can see that structural copy protection was found, and some other stuff.

Attachments

• FortressSETTINGS.jpg
    FortressSETTINGS.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 12
  • DVDRING.jpg
    DVDRING.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 16
Why do people think that single layer, no css, region free, means bootleg or not retail?

I have a TON of single layer retail discs, and quite a number of no css & region free discs that I purchased new from retail stores as well.

because that's usually what it means. In my country the amount of unprotected discs is very very slim. It's not just the single layer part, i have a few SL's too, its the fact that they don't have any protection at all that may indicate a bootleg. I did say from the start INDICATE, didn't say it actually was one

Why do people think that single layer, no css, region free, means bootleg or not retail?

Because all those things in common on the same disk usually is a good indicator of a boot - particularly to those of us who have ripped that title and remember a more "normal" status.
If it shows any sign of coming from Asia - the chances triple.

-W

Because all those things in common on the same disk usually is a good indicator of a boot - particularly to those of us who have ripped that title and remember a more "normal" status.
If it shows any sign of coming from Asia - the chances triple.

-W

The OP did say the DVD is from Thailand, so possible bootleg is very likely as you point out.

Back