• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem playing BDs with multiple episodes

offspring991

Good afternoon,

I'm having trouble playing any disc that contains multiple episodes of a TV show. The problem is identical to what's described in this thread, but I thought it more appropriate to create a new thread rather than bump one from 2013. I tried using the suggested player in that thread, however the result was identical. The first episode plays, but the others will not without manually loading the .mt2s files from the disc. This was seen in VLC and MPC.

I'd like to understand a bit more about exactly what's causing this. Is this a setting in AnyDVD HD when it's scanning the disc? Something it's filtering out before it hits the player maybe? Or is this a problem with the player, perhaps an inability to see that there's multiple video files?

Thanks in advance!

I'd like to understand a bit more about exactly what's causing this. Is this a setting in AnyDVD HD when it's scanning the disc? Something it's filtering out before it hits the player maybe? Or is this a problem with the player, perhaps an inability to see that there's multiple video files?

Sounds like a common problem with the player. TV show episode discs aren't easily playable without using the disc menu (it's not always possible to automatically figure out which episode is which)
Have you tried using a "proper" BD player that can handle menus like PowerDVD/WinDVD/TMT?

VLC/MPC can't handle menus (VLC has menu support but it's not great) so they have to guess which episode file to playback or you have to manually select the file containing the episode.

Sounds like a common problem with the player. TV show episode discs aren't easily playable without using the disc menu (it's not always possible to automatically figure out which episode is which)
Have you tried using a "proper" BD player that can handle menus like PowerDVD/WinDVD/TMT?

VLC/MPC can't handle menus (VLC has menu support but it's not great) so they have to guess which episode file to playback or you have to manually select the file containing the episode.

I have not, they're generally more money than I'm willing to pay when VLC works for movies and my PS4 works for everything else.

So it sounds like you're saying the problem lies with menu support in VLC, and has nothing to do with AnyDVD HD then, right?

I have not, they're generally more money than I'm willing to pay when VLC works for movies and my PS4 works for everything else.

So it sounds like you're saying the problem lies with menu support in VLC, and has nothing to do with AnyDVD HD then, right?

I'm fairly certain its not an AnyDVD problem.
Players like VLC treat the TV show disc like a movie and generally just pick what they think is the main movie (usually the longest track)
Only way around it is to manually choose each episode or play the disc in a player with proper menu support.

I'm fairly certain its not an AnyDVD problem.
Players like VLC treat the TV show disc like a movie and generally just pick what they think is the main movie (usually the longest track)
Only way around it is to manually choose each episode or play the disc in a player with proper menu support.

Any suggestions on one that will serve my purposes without costing the equivalent of a car payment? lol

Any suggestions on one that will serve my purposes without costing the equivalent of a car payment? lol

Enable AnyDVD speedmenus.
Use XBMC.
VLC sucks. ;)
Or get a used copy of PowerDVD 10.

Enable AnyDVD speedmenus.
Use XBMC.
VLC sucks. ;)
Or get a used copy of PowerDVD 10.

Speedmenus and xbmc can identify episode order? That's the issue he was trying to deal with.

Speedmenus and xbmc can identify episode order? That's the issue he was trying to deal with.

Speedmenu can identify most discs correctly, but it isn't always correct.
Using the original menu in a "proper" BD player is the only way to be 100% sure.

Back