Problem installing cloneDVD

Discussion in 'Purchase and License Keys' started by takezo, Aug 10, 2019.

1. takezo

takezo New Member

Just purchased clone dvd from Red Fox after trial, downloaded most recent version from Red Fox, installed, rebooted computer, tried to install key from Elbey's folder: Register CloneDVD icon. The key file does not show up. If I go directly to the downloaded key from the email to the registration tool it states the registration has failed. I have deleted the program & reinstalled w/virus protection off. This is a new computer with Windows 10. Any help would make me a happy camper.

2. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

You sure you're not trying to register CloneDVD with a CloneCD! key or reverse? You wouldn't be the first user trying to do that :). Check the filename. It should be something like "CloneDVD_Key_13377331.CloneDVD" where .CloneDVD IS the file extension (like .exe is)

whatever_gong82 likes this.
  3. takezo

takezo New Member

Thanks Ch3vron! I guess I had a 10 watt bulb on today. You were totally correct, so now I own both CloneDVD & CloneCD. I want to shrink you & carry you in my pocket for future reference. Thanks again.

4. Ch3vr0n

Ch3vr0n Translator NL & Mod

hey as long as its LED, even a 10W bulb can be pretty bright ;) If you have no use for CloneCD, maybe contact support and get a refund. But honestly for the little price that it is, i wouldn't. It's a handy little tool, and redfox certainly can use the funding. Welcome to the club. I'll move this to the licensing section now btw. This was a license problem and not a problem with the actual software :)