• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem connecting to AnyDVD update server

bongoman

Rip to Hard Disk returns "Problem connecting to AnyDVD update server" for programs burnt using a Panasonic Blu-Ray PVR onto a BD-RE, last successfully performed on 1st June 2016.

Using version 7.6.9.5. Have attempted again with a new BD-RE burning a single program with the same error message.

Log attached.

Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.9.5_Info_F_DVD_VIDEO_RECORDER.ziplog
    40.5 KB · Views: 9
Using version 7.6.9.5. Have attempted again with a new BD-RE burning a single program with the same error message.

Access to the online database ended for 7.6.9.5 after May 31st, to gain access you will need to purchase a RedFox license and upgrade to 8.0.2.0.

What the hell?! just tried scanning a Blu-Ray and got the same message. This is absolute bullshit! I expected to be able to still use my licence until newer BDs came out. Gutted beyond belief.

No it's not. There were numerous warnings (including 1 so present on the download page in regards to opd access) and topics (on this forum and the main website) and news articles on the party websites, that 7695 may encounter difficulty decrypting discs when opd access for that version ended on may 31st. It is not the fault of redfox you didn't read any of them.

Now, you're entitled to your opinion and be frustrated but I will only say this once. Watch the language, be civil. The only ones to blame for all this are the MPAA and aacs-la for shutting slysoft down in the first place.

Yeah I read it. I also saw 'May', which is different to 'you will not be able to access the DB'

'may' goes both ways. 'you may' or 'you may not' be able. The term 'new' applies to titles up to a year old. We all understand your frustration, but 7695 still works with over 150k discs. What you perhaps don't know, is that redfox doesn't have the financial resources slysoft had. They NEED funding if anydvd is to survive. No funding, no development. No development, no anydvd. The last official slysoft version was 7690. Redfox released 5 interim versions without any funding at all to cover the migration while they set up backbone hardware. They didn't have to do that, yet they did. If they hadn't, your anydvd would have died COMPLETELY overnight with 7690.

I hope you can understand things now and that you perhaps will choose to join the redfox club. The only ones really to blame are the MPAA and aacs-la with way too much power for a civilian agency.

What the hell?! just tried scanning a Blu-Ray and got the same message. This is absolute bullshit! I expected to be able to still use my licence until newer BDs came out. Gutted beyond belief.

No BS. You just need to read a bit more and understand the picture before slinging this stuff around:)

The database that existed at the time the last "old" version of AnyDVD came out was included along with that update and stored on your computer, so any discs in that database didn't require the on-line database. That remains to be the case and your "old" AnyDVD will continue to work for those discs which were in that database (and not all "old" discs are in that database).

As was clearly stated many times and many places in this forum, newer discs require the program to connect to the on-line database, and that database is elsewhere and accessible only with the "new" AnyDVD versions which do require re-licensing.

The word "may" was entirely appropriate since any given disc "may" or "may not" belong to the group of discs which require the "new" AnyDVD versions (hence may require re-licensing).

Regardless if it's old or new disc .If it has screenpass it must connect to decrypt properly. And if it has BD+ it must connect the first time it is ever inserted. After that the BD+ disc will use the local database on your pc.

Back