• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem burning disks from W.C. Fields Comedy Essentials Comedy Collection boxed set

bliznyansky

Hi--Frankly, I can't tell if this is a problem with Any DVD or Clone DVD, though I suspect that it's the latter: when scanning any disk in this collection using Clone DVD (i.e., using the video preview feature), an error message (which seems embedded in the disk) says that my DVD drive's parental control setting(s) prevent me from playing the disk. The Clone DVD ripping process nonetheless proceeds, but on playback, the burned disk will only display a chapter menu for a second before kicking me out of the disk. I should mention that I'm burning to Verbatim double layer DVD-R DL disks. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

p.s.--below is the Any DVD data about one of the disks that I've tried to rip and burn:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD HD 8.6.4.0, BDPHash.bin 20-03-11)
HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GU90N A1C0
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)
Current profile: DVD-ROM
Media is a DVD.
Booktype: dvd-rom (version 1), Layers: 2 (opposite)
Size of first Layer: 2063744 sectors (4030 MBytes)
Total size: 3842495 sectors (7504 MBytes)

Video DVD (or CD) label: W_C_FIELDS_18_FILM_COLLECTION
Media is CSS protected!
Media is locked to region(s): 1!
Video Standard: NTSC

Structural copy protection not found.
RCE protection not found.
UDF filesystem patched!
Autorun not found on Video DVD.
Removed CSS copy protection!
Bad sector protection not found.
Emulating RPC-2 drive with region 1!

Last edited:
AnuDVD doesn't burn anything. So it's either a burning tool or blanks problem. Start by setting your drive region code and re-ripping.

According to Windows 10, my read and write drives do not have a region selected yet. Could this be the cause of the problem that I'm seeing? And if it is, why is it that without designating a region for the drives, I can still successfully rip and burn disks such as the Kino DVD Sally of the Sawdust? Thanks again!

why is it that without designating a region for the drives, I can still successfully rip and burn disks such as the Kino DVD Sally of the Sawdust?

An unset region has zero effect on burning, none. Burning just takes provided data and sends it to the drive for writing to disk. That's it. An unset region comes into play with decrypting. It causes anydvd having to bruteforce crack css encryption on disks. This is slow, crude and may not always work. Exit anydvd completely before you go into windows device manager to set the drive region.

Hi again--I just checked both DVD drives on our second computer, which is also a Windows 10 machine. There has never been any problem ripping disks with this machine. The same version of Any DVD is running on this computer as is running on the first computer, and neither of the drives on the second machine has a region designated for it. The message about parental controls pops up on computer #2 when ripping a disk--yet, the burned disk plays just fine. Doesn't all of this indicate that the problem lies with computer #1's drives and not with DVD drive region designation?

Last edited:
Hi again--I just checked both DVD drives on our second computer, which is also a Windows 10 machine. There has never been any problem ripping disks with this machine. The same version of Any DVD is running on this computer as is running on the first computer, and neither of the drives on the second machine has a region designated for it. The message about parental controls pops up on computer #2 when ripping a disk--yet, the burned disk plays just fine. Doesn't all of this indicate that the problem lies with computer #1's drives and not with DVD drive region designation?
Change your parental control settings.

Set the region for your drive. It will still play discs from other regions since AnyDVD will take care of that. AnyDVD sometimes fails to decrypt a dics if region is not set.

Back