• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Problem: 2 different Lite-on's, 2 different results

Maltese

I was trying to back up a BD movie on my Lite-on iHBS112 (CL0K firmware), and AnyDVD HD 7.0.2.6 (beta but licensed) cannot see the disc. Not a peep from AnyDVD HD as to a clue that a BD was inserted.

I have another PC that has a different Lite-on BD drive. iHES206 (6L0B firmware), and AnyDVD HD sees the BD right away. No problem what-so-ever.

Anyone experiencing this type of behavior on new BDs? I am noticing more and more discs are not able to be read with my iHBS112 drive. Older BD discs show up instantly, but it seems newer ones are not showing up.

Are these BD's showing up in Windows explorer without ANYDVD running? I use a 112 CLOK as my primary reading drive, haven't had a moment of trouble.

Not SO unusual

I was trying to back up a BD movie on my Lite-on iHBS112 (CL0K firmware), and AnyDVD HD 7.0.2.6 (beta but licensed) cannot see the disc. Not a peep from AnyDVD HD as to a clue that a BD was inserted.

I have another PC that has a different Lite-on BD drive. iHES206 (6L0B firmware), and AnyDVD HD sees the BD right away. No problem what-so-ever.

That indicates the "borderline" phenomenon. Some pressings are at the edge of the readable window and some drives will simply not see them. We've seen DVDs behave the same way. It is not an evil protection but a poor off-standard production. One drive is able to see these, others not.

I just tried Three Musketeers on BD. My existing Lite-on iHBS112 didn't see it. PowerDVD didn't see it or AnyDVD HD.

I purchased a new Lite-on iHBS212 today and it saw the disc immediately. Perhaps the 112 is starting to wear out? It's about a year old.

Just strange how some BDs the 112 sees them immediately, while others it scans and scans, but reports nothing inserted. No strange noises either or clicking sounds while reading disc.

Just wanted to report back that it may be a drive going bad. Not sure.

Back