• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Powerdvd12 error

cfreint

Powerdvd12 gives error message "Code 8000FFFF" "Catastrophic Failure" when CINAVIA option in ANYDVD is selected. Movie is "The Dark Knight Rises" country is USA. I have tried several other movies with same result. Computer is running Windows 8.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.6.8_Info_L_THE_DARK_KNIGHT_RISES.zip
    140.8 KB · Views: 11
  • Status.txt
    346 bytes · Views: 12
Your log shows a BD-R. Does this happen with the original disc of TDKR? (If you don't own the original disc, you're probably misusing AnyDVD HD.)

Edit: In addition to original disc, please retry with latest updates to both PDVD 12 (build 2625) and AnyDVD HD (7.1.7.0). Post a new logfile either way.

Last edited:

I tried latest release (7.1.7.0) and got the exact same result. I tried several movies to be sure problem is not with one movie.

More on problem

With Cinavia option selected, I tried a Blu-Ray disc from before Cinavia was even thought off. With the option selected the exact same problem happened. I then unselected the option and rebooted and ran the disc again with NO PROBLEM. Thus selecting the option caused Powerdvd 12 to have the problem for all discs.

Again, did you update PDVD 12 to build 2625? Also post a new logfile.

Last edited:
This is the page PowerDVD12 takes me to, even if I choose "no" to "updating".

Update Your PowerDVD 12.0
Dear PowerDVD 12.0 user,

You have been directed to this page due to new code being introduced by Blu-ray movie publishers. In order to maintain compatibility with this new title code, please download and install the free update before playing the movie.
» Download Free Update
You can also choose to upgrade to the latest version of PowerDVD and get more great features with our special offers for PowerDVD 12.0 users.

My "title code" (movie) is 2 years old...

This is happening after the update in AnyDVDHD 7.1.7.0 with Cinavia on or off.

So far titles North By NorthWest, Subspecies, Coma, or any other Blu Ray I try....???

Edited to add the version of PowerDVD12 I have: It's version 12.0.1905.56.

Last edited:
Did you reboot your system after turning off the Cinavia option?

This is the page PowerDVD12 takes me to, even if I choose "no" to "updating".

This is happening after the update in AnyDVDHD 7.1.7.0 with Cinavia on or off.
Why are you hijacking someone else's thread? Do you have the "catastrophic failure" issue the OP of this thread has?

Also, IIRC from your thread you have PDVD 12 build 1905; I don't recall if that was the last Cinavia-free build or not. (I'm still on PDVD 11 and the last Cinavia-free build of TMT5; I'm only over the line with TMT6 & Nero.) If your build does have Cinavia, then update to the current PDVD 12 build (2625) and try it again.

More on Problem

Powerdvd Build is 12.0.2625.57.

I tried using a Blu-Ray original fresh from the carton - one that was not copied using ANYDVD. I got the same problem. I wonder if Windows 8 could be the problem. I've had a number of problems with programs that ran on Windows 7 but had issues with Windows 8. The software for Asus VG278H 3D monitor will not run at all - their Support told me to install Windows 7. And Corel's video player will not run.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.7.0_Info_L_Cirque_Du_Soliel_Worlds_Away.zip
    193.4 KB · Views: 3
  • Status.txt
    420 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited:
Exact same problem - with Cinavia option checked

I have the exact same issue as the OP (Code 8000FFFF" "Catastrophic Failure") , with any Cinavia BD backup (Zero Dark Thirty, Looper). Running the latest PowerDVD 12 (12.0.2625.57), and latest 7.1.7.0 build which supposedly fixes this issue.

If I uncheck the Cinavia option in AnyDVD and reboot, disks will play, but Cinavia messages pop up.

System is AMD fusion based, running Win 8 MC (latest updates and drivers)

A couple of ideas:

(1) Is DEP (Data Execution Prevention) active for PDVD 12? I'm not sure where it is in Win8, but in Win7 it's Control Panel > System and Security > System; pick "Advanced system settings" at left, then the first "Settings" button (Performance), then the Data Execution Prevention tab. (If you have EMET installed, you can also use it to check DEP settings for individual programs.) I suspect DEP must be off for PDVD 12 and/or its components for the Cinavia fix to work correctly. (If DEP is set to "essential Windows programs and services only" it should be OK as long as it's not active in EMET.)

(2) Are your graphics card (including drivers) and power supply up-to-date? Forum posts on the Cyberlink website suggested these as the cause of a "catastrophic failure" error in another Cyberlink product. AnyDVD HD alone should never stress the graphics card and/or power supply, but the cumulative impact of PDVD 12, AnyDVD HD, DirectX overhead, etc. may push them over the edge -- especially the power supply. (If it were Win7 or Vista I'd suggest turning Aero off, but IIRC Win8 doesn't have Aero.)

Everything seems to be fine in terms of DEP.

Also, my PC horse power should suffice:
3770k 4.5GHz, GTX660 OC, 8GB DDR3, SSD.

Man, I wish the guys at Slysoft finally get their heads around it.

Thanks

CatastrophicFailure_zpsb131a4b3.gif

Summary for drive F: (AnyDVD HD 7.1.7.0, BDPHash.bin 13-03-04-A)
PIONEER BD-RWBDR-207D 1.21 12/03/27PIONEER
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

Current profile: BD-ROM
Media is a Blu-ray disc.

Total size: 24438784 sectors (47732 MBytes)
Video Blu-ray label: AVATAR_CE_D1
Media is AACS protected!
Media is BD+ protected!
Drive supports bus encryption!
AACS MKB version 19
Using local database!
Removed AACS copy protection!
Removed BD+ copy protection!
Blu-ray Java signatures fixed!
BD-Live deactivated!

Cinavia Protection Disabled (Checked).

ORIGINAL Avatar Blu-Ray, Catastrophic Failure with PowerDVD 12 2625.
Anything I tried in the past 10 versions (cinavia disabling versions) with any blu-ray (original or otherwise) just failed.

When I remove the Cinavia Protection option (Unchecked) and restart, everything is working perfectly.

Windows 7 64-bit.

I don't think a Log file will help here, I'm guessing its a deeper issue.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.7.0_Info_F_AVATAR_CE_D1.zip
    918.9 KB · Views: 0
I am getting a catastrophic failure error in windows 7 and PowerDVD 12 2625 as well. It worked properly prior to the recent 7.1.7.0 anyDVD release, only that the audio was muted after 21 minutes in the last Beta. I rebooted several times since installing 7.1.7.0, but get the catastrophic failure. I think that when Cinavia was fixed for muted audio, the release reintroduced the catastrophic failure that release 7.1.6.0 introduced. I placed a log file and description of the failure in the amazing spiderman cinavia error thread, yesterday if you need to look at another log.

NEWS!!!

When turning off my Audio Interface (External Firewire Audio Card) or disabling the Audio card through Device Manager for that matter,
PowerDVD12 no longer has the Catastrophic Failure error and runs Blu-Rays with no errors but without sound (of course).

It appears that AnyDVD and the Audio-Card/Interface have some interaction (to bypass Cinavia) that PowerDVD don't like.

Now we just have to point exactly what it doesn't like about certain audio cards along with certain windows OS's.
I have a professional firewire audio interface: Focusrite Saffire PRO 24 DSP.

EDIT:
The Catastrophic Failure error appears exactly at the moment when a PowerDVD12 icon appears at the windows Mixer (Speakers Icon->Mixer).
Hmmmmm.....

James, I think were on to something.
CF2_zps23ee1871.gif

Last edited:
I do not have an audio card. I use the audio that comes with the motherboard of a dell XPS which I believe it uses an intel motherboard. I have a realtek audio driver that comes with the Dell motherboard. This catastrophic failure existed in the 6.1.6.0 release and was fixed for me in the betas. It was reintroduced when the 6.1.7.0 release included the Fix for the muted audio for the PowerDVD 12 most recent 2625 patch. Are people who have PDVD 12 and did not have the 2625 patch having the same catastrophic error?

Not one of the betas worked here with an external Firewire Audio Interface.

You say it works with the on board Realtek?
Next time I will check both the on-board Realtek (turned off in the bios) and the Interface.

It will be a shame to make the on-board consumer "audio-on-a-chip" work, and not professional audio interfaces.
I watch movies at the studio for best Audio/Video experience, so...

Unfortunately not a brilliant deduction, given the very nature of Cinavia (audio watermarking). Of course disabling audio will work around the problem, but not in any way useful.

As far as audio goes, problem occurs both on a standard AMD fusion APU, and a different system with SoundBlaster Recon 3D. So I doubt that's it.
Does anyone actually have this WORKING with the latest version of PowerDVD 12 and Win8 x64? If so, what config?

Unfortunately not a brilliant deduction, given the very nature of Cinavia (audio watermarking). Of course disabling audio will work around the problem, but not in any way useful.

As far as audio goes, problem occurs both on a standard AMD fusion APU, and a different system with SoundBlaster Recon 3D. So I doubt that's it.
Does anyone actually have this WORKING with the latest version of PowerDVD 12 and Win8 x64? If so, what config?
I can't confirm it personally (I have PDVD 11 & Win7 x64 -- TMT6 works fine), but many PDVD 12 users aren't having this problem. The issue isn't "disabling audio"; it's the potential that PDVD 12 plus Cinavia fix may create an incompatibility with your audio drivers that makes PDVD 12 crash.

A "standard AMD fusion APU" is CPU + GPU; unless you're using the motherboard's HDMI out, the APU does not do sound. What sound output are you using on that system? If it's the mobo's HDMI, which audio drivers are you using -- AMD or Realtek?

Last edited:
Back