• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Powerdvd v7.3 Not Compatible w/ Windows 7 - Confirmed by Cyberlink Technical Support

Necrosis

If you receive these two errors messages after installing the latest patch (CyberLink.5711_TaRe43_DVD090826-05) under Windows 7:

Error 2932.Could not create files C:\Windows\Installer\{6811CAA0-BF12-11D4-9EA1-0050BAE317E1}\1033.mst from script data. Error:32.
ComponentMoveData had the following error:

Component:
File Group:
File:
Error Number: -1603
You are pretty much out of luck, they will tell you to upgrade.

Thank you for contacting CyberLink Technical Support.

We understand your concern related with PowerDVD 7 Ultra.

In regards to your concern, we regret to inform you that PowerDVD 7 Ultra software is not compatible with Windows 7 OS.

So, we suggest you to purchase the upgrade to the PowerDVD 9.0 Ultra from PowerDVD 7.3 version software.

We suggest you to first make sure that you fulfill the system requirements of the PowerDVD 9.0 Ultra by refering to the link given below:

http://www.cyberlink.com/products/movie-playback/powerdvd/require_en_US.html

Please follow the below link to purchase and download the upgrade to the PowerDVD 9.0 Ultra:

http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/cyberstore/upgrade_1_en_US.html

When the above upgrade link page will open then we suggest you to select the "Upgrade to PowerDVD 9.0 Ultra from 7/8/9 Deluxe/Standard/bundled versions" option then click on the 'Add to Cart' button to continue.

When the above page will open then you will get two option the "Download" option and the "CD to Go" option. We suggest you to check the boxes against both the options to get the download version as well as the Backup CD of the software.

After pucahsing the full version software you will receive a confirmation email within 24 hours in which you will receive the link to download and CD key to activate the software.

If you will face any issue in installing the upgrade then get back to us we will assist you to install the software and resolve the issue.

If issue persists, for immediate response, please use this reference:

>> http://www.CyberLink.com/english/cs/support/form/index.jsp <<

Please feel free to contact us back for any further clarification or for any assistance related to CyberLink Products.

Thanks and Regards

CyberLink Technical Support
What I find funny is prior to installing this patch it worked for a few minutes when I installed CyberLinkPowerDVD_Ultra_3319f, and then CyberLink.4617a_TaRe38_DVD081201-07.

So if you want to use Powerdvd 7.3 Ultra for HD DVD playback you're pretty much SOL.

So if you want to use Powerdvd 7.3 Ultra for HD DVD playback you're pretty much SOL.

Have you tried different compatibility modes?

Anyway, another option is Arcsoft Total Media Theater 3 Platinum for HD-DVD playback.

Have you tried different compatibility modes?

Anyway, another option is Arcsoft Total Media Theater 3 Platinum for HD-DVD playback.

I did run the update as admin but it made no difference. I didn't try compatibility mode, their response left a sour test in my mouth. I really didn't think of trying the update w/ compatibility mode since the other update I tried was fine.

Newegg has Arcsoft's TMT 3 Plat for $59.99, so I bought it. Works great so far, and makes more sense to pay that than $49.99 for the Powerdvd 9 Ultra upgrade.

I tried it in compatability mode and it didn't work

What I find funny is prior to installing this patch it worked for a few minutes when I installed CyberLinkPowerDVD_Ultra_3319f, and then CyberLink.4617a_TaRe38_DVD081201-07.

Another reason to use older builds. Newer ones only brought more "protection", bloat and incompatibilities (and that's even without counting the actual bugs) Are you using AnyDVD HD?

Necrosis,the latest update is not necessary at all for hd dvd playing anyway.But the real question is: did .4617 work fine on W7 ?
Thank you.

Last edited:
Another reason to use older builds. Newer ones only brought more "protection", bloat and incompatibilities (and that's even without counting the actual bugs) Are you using AnyDVD HD?

Yes, I am using AnyDVD HD.

Necrosis,the latest update is not necessary at all for hd dvd playing anyway.But the real question is: did .4617 worked fine on W7 ?
Thank you.

Yes it worked fine until it found the update, then it wouldn't let me play any media until I upgraded.

4617 (not 4617a) is the best build of 7.3, just like 2217 is of PDVD8. If you can get 4617, use that, and if not, you'll probably be almost just as good with 4617a. Was there any reason you absolutely needed to upgrade? I am still running 8.0.2217 without problems, as long as AnyDVD HD is active.

4617 (not 4617a) is the best build of 7.3, just like 2217 is of PDVD8. If you can get 4617, use that, and if not, you'll probably be almost just as good with 4617a. Was there any reason you absolutely needed to upgrade? I am still running 8.0.2217 without problems, as long as AnyDVD HD is active.

Once the update was found it wouldn't play any media. An error message came up saying the format wasn't supported or whatever.

First thing you need to do when you install this crapware is to block it with your firewall, and get rid of all the startup entries. Once you block it, it will ask you if you want to see if there are any updates. Say no, and try and play again, it will not bother you again.

Necrosis,you could consider a clean install...3319a + 4617 + Any = 100% working.Let me know if you need some help with the installers.

Necrosis,you could consider a clean install...3319a + 4617 + Any = 100% working.Let me know if you need some help with the installers.
It IS true though isn't it, that when you go from 3319a to 4617 that you lose these features:

1. Open a disc structure (BDMV, VIDEO_TS) on the hard drive

2. Open media files directly

Still clinging to 3319a here...

Back