• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD SPDIF problem - Who can help?

Russtavo

I hope someone can save my sanity and help me with this problem! :confused: I have my new HTPC connected to my amp with Coax S/PDIF. Applications such as Windows Media Player are working great, sending the correct multi-channel streams as my amp displays "Dolby Digital" or "DTS" depending on the source. One major problem: PowerDVD outputs NO sound whatsoever when I change the audio settings to "S/PDIF". If I set it to anything else (e.g. "2 Speaker", "6 speaker") I just get stereo sound. My suspicion is a compatibility issue between PowerDVD and my X-Fi Sound Blaster drivers, but I dunno. Here's my system spec:

PC: Dell Vostro 200 Slim
Graphics: ASUS Radeon HD 3450 (Catalyst 8.2)
Audio: Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio (latest drivers)
Display: Sony Bravia KDL-32D3000
Amp: Denon AVR-3802
PowerDVD Ultra: 7.3.3730.0
LG GGW-H20L Blu-Ray/HDDVD Combo Drive

I have disabled the onboard Relatek audio, and disabled the High-Def Audio on the graphics card.

I've done screengrabs of all relevant settings/info, they are here:

http://demon.xssl.net/~admin2/spdif/index.htm

I've e-mailed Cyberlink support but they are s-l-o-w, and not helpful. I want to play Blu-Ray and HD-DVD discs, so I really need PowerDVD to work. Any help from you geniuses is really appreciated!! :bowdown:

C'mon you guys, any X-Fi owners running Vista? Needin help here.

Right string maybe, but the wrong yo-yo

Hi,

As much as we'd like to be the master of many trades, this one belongs in a different forum and not here at SlySoft. ;)

I'm having the same problems

Hi,

I've given up on the SPDIF bypass in the "SPDIF Input Settings" tab on the Creative Audio Console. As soon as I select "SPDIF bypass" I get no signal, no matter what Windows and PowerDVD settings I have selected. I use fibre optic cable so this is how I know about he signal not being sent to the speakers.

When I use the "Default Setting" in the Creative Audio Console and do the Windows audio dts channel test I get dts audio. Hence I believe that when using the X-Fi hardware and the Windows Media Player, with dts activated, you will actually get perfect dts which is music to my ears.

Also I know when dts is being sent to my speakers as the Logitech Console displays the format of signal being sent through.

Cheers
Robert

Back