• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD and Vista 64 - BEWARE!

bingobill

I have mentioned in briefly in other threads I'm having freezing problems with both Blu-ray and HD DVD using Vista 64. Using their support system this is what I wrote them

I'm have Freezing problems when playing
HD DVD and Blu-ray discs using Vista64
Ultimate.

This problem usually occurs within the
first 10 minutes of playback. Sometimes
the audio continues but the picture
freezes, in this case after about a
minute the picture will recover and the
disc will play normally until the end
of the movie.

At other times the PC will lock and I
have to reset it.

As this problem occurs with both the
USB Xbox360 HDDVD drive and the ATA LG
GBW-H10N with the latest GL05 Vista
firmware I have ruled out any driver
problems.

Cyberlink Advisor gives me ALL green
lights for both Blu-ray and HDDVD.

HDDVD plays perfectly when copied to
the HDD and played from there.

I have also read on the Cyberlink forum
of others with the same problem using
Vista.

Please can you help with this problem.

This was their reply

Thank you for contacting Cyberlink Online Customer Support.

In regard to your issue, we regret to say that PowerDVD Ultra is not yet tested on Windows 64 bit version and therefore might not work properly. The PowerDVD Ultra software is only tested and works fine with Windows 32 bit edition.

So therefore PowerDVD Ultra may or may not work with Windows 64 bit version of Vista.

We apologize for the inconvienience you have encountered so far.

Their advertising clearly states the PowerDVD is "Vista certified", I see nothing that states Vista 64 is excluded unless someone can point me to that?

Needless to say I'm not a happy bunny :mad:

sounds like a typical canned response from Cyberlink...Vista 64 *should* run 32 bit apps in 32 bit mode...so there shouldnt be any issues...however, i did have some freezing issues, but once i upgraded my video card driver, the problem did go away.

I sometimes get the same problem with Window Vista 32.
When this happens the disk is running at full bore. I usually have to back up the move a bit and continue.

I upped my memory from 1 to 2 gig and that seems to have helped a bit. I cannot find the process that is responsible so I think the system decides to swap or something.

I may try disabling the pagefile.

- Rich

Back