1. RedFox is offering a Cyber-Monday discount of 20% on all products (except upgrades/renewals), valid until November 30, 2022. If you are entertaining the thought of purchasing one of our products then now is the right time to act!
    Dismiss Notice

PowerDVD and Vista 64 - BEWARE!

Discussion in 'AnyDVD HD (Blu-ray issues)' started by bingobill, Apr 14, 2007.

1. bingobill

bingobill Well-Known Member

I have mentioned in briefly in other threads I'm having freezing problems with both Blu-ray and HD DVD using Vista 64. Using their support system this is what I wrote them

This was their reply

Their advertising clearly states the PowerDVD is "Vista certified", I see nothing that states Vista 64 is excluded unless someone can point me to that?

Needless to say I'm not a happy bunny :mad:

2. overmind

overmind Beta Tester

sounds like a typical canned response from Cyberlink...Vista 64 *should* run 32 bit apps in 32 bit mode...so there shouldnt be any issues...however, i did have some freezing issues, but once i upgraded my video card driver, the problem did go away.

3. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

I sometimes get the same problem with Window Vista 32.
    When this happens the disk is running at full bore. I usually have to back up the move a bit and continue.

I upped my memory from 1 to 2 gig and that seems to have helped a bit. I cannot find the process that is responsible so I think the system decides to swap or something.

I may try disabling the pagefile.

- Rich