• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD and Reclock for playing normal DVDs

domlof

Having a problem in PowerDVD when I've checked the 'enable event notification' for normal DVDs

PowerDVD just freezes.

I've even just put a blank .vbs file and it still freezes.

Works fine if the flag is unchecked.

Anybody have any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks

Dom

Having a problem in PowerDVD when I've checked the 'enable event notification' for normal DVDs

PowerDVD just freezes.

I've even just put a blank .vbs file and it still freezes.

Works fine if the flag is unchecked.

Anybody have any ideas what could be wrong?

Thanks

Dom
Yes. Newest PowerDVD builds are "wrong". You can't use 'enable event notification' with PowerDVD anymore.

Yes. Newest PowerDVD builds are "wrong". You can't use 'enable event notification' with PowerDVD anymore.

Thanks James

Its strange that BR/HDVDs work fine with the flag set!

I'm using 7.3 at the moment (used to use 8 but its too buggy for me!)

Whats the last version where the flag works?

Dom

I'm using the latest 7.3 build and have used all the 8 builds and event notification has never stopped working. Mind you this is on XP.

One thing, having a blank vbs may be what is causing your current problem. You should at the very least set the exit code correctly.

And I have had problems using "normal" refresh rate tools with PDVD. pstrip works best, using exactly the same standard timings.

Last edited:
I'm using the latest 7.3 build and have used all the 8 builds and event notification has never stopped working. Mind you this is on XP.

One thing, having a blank vbs may be what is causing your current problem. You should at the very least set the exit code correctly.

And I have had problems using "normal" refresh rate tools with PDVD. pstrip works best, using exactly the same standard timings.

I've tried putting just a 'wscript.quit 1' in the vbs file and it makes no difference.

PowerDVD just freezes as soon as I press play when a DVD is in the VCD drive.

Works fine with BR or mpeg files etc on Vista 32bit :(

Dom

James

I don't understand why calling a vbs script for SD DVDs makes PowerDVD freeze?

Is there a work around for this? Or can you provide a flag to stop the vbs script from being called for SD DVDs only (I still would like to watch the 30fps extras on BR)?

Any help here would be much appreciated! :clap:

Thanks

Dom

Just as an update: I've had a play with PD8 and it does work with reclock and calling the vbs script.

So it must be a PD7/Reclock problem.

Back