• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Powerdvd 18 launched.

You need to uncheck the two ISO setting in Settings .. General .. Set File Settings. This must be done for 17 and 18

Do you mean Settings -> General -> Set File Association? What does this have to do with PDVD launching a virtual disk drive to play a .ISO file? Just trying to get some understanding. Thanks.

Do you mean Settings -> General -> Set File Association? What does this have to do with PDVD launching a virtual disk drive to play a .ISO file? Just trying to get some understanding. Thanks.
@DaGoatRancher
When iso is checked in PowerDVD (see above), then Windows will reasign opened ISOs to look at PowerDVD. For some reason PowerDVD doesn't see the already assigned ISO program mentioned above (Virtual CloneDrive). Then PowerDVD has the ability to create it's own method of reading ISO files. I am sorry for the lengthy explanation. An example is you assign a graphics program to read certain images and you install another graphics program. Depending on what defaults were reassign (when installing the second program) any image files opened may look at the second or first program.

And YES, I should have use -> instead of ..

Last edited:
@DaGoatRancher
When iso is checked in PowerDVD (see above), then Windows will reasign opened ISOs to look at PowerDVD. For some reason PowerDVD doesn't see the already assigned ISO program mentioned above (Virtual CloneDrive). Then PowerDVD has the ability to create it's own method of reading ISO files. I am sorry for the lengthy explanation. An example is you assign a graphics program to read certain images and you install another graphics program. Depending on what defaults were reassign (when installing the second program) any image files opened may look at the second or first program.

And YES, I should have use -> instead of ..

Well.. I had to do this a different way. I guess because my PC is running Win10. I had to go to Settings -> Apps -> Default Apps -> Set Defaults By App -> PDVD -> Manage
Scroll to .ISO and select Mount Files with Virtual Clone Drive
Now when I double click an .ISO file it will Mount the file in Virtual Clone drive and open PDVD to play it.

FYI. If I first open PDVD then select the .ISO file to play from within PDVD, It will not Mount it in VCD and will just do it's normal thing and launch it's own Virtual drive.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Back