• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PowerDVD 16 Removes MCE Interface

digitalone

I recently upgraded from PowerDVD 15 to v16. Funny thing is when I did that the v16 just installed side-by-side instead of upgrading as usual. I thought it odd so I left both in tact. Good thing I did. As I began checking the 2 different versions out for comparison I noticed quite instantly that v16 lacks MCE integration. Seeing as I still use windows 7 and windows 8.1 both with MCE and the fact for sure windows 8.1 is still under support I thought it odd Cyberlink would drop a easy plugin that really would take zero development to maintain as it is just a pointer for their main program. I wrote a suggestion to Cyberlink asking for it's return. Wasn't really expecting a email of any kind. I put it in the suggestion category. Figured it get ignored. They emailed me back and advised the matter was being forward to development for future patches. Only time will tell.

Just wanted anyone that still uses MCE and PDVD that this is what the story is so far.

On a different note as always if you do not need the integration which was minimal I know, the v16 is quite snappy and runs really fast. Load times for bluray media has been quicken. Though I did not get my stopwatch out lol, it just felt faster to me. It feels like what powerdvd should have been many years ago and not just now.

Peach everyone and take care.

It's nothing new. The Android app has existed since the powerdvd 10 days

I recently upgraded from PowerDVD 15 to v16. Funny thing is when I did that the v16 just installed side-by-side instead of upgrading as usual. I thought it odd so I left both in tact. Good thing I did. As I began checking the 2 different versions out for comparison I noticed quite instantly that v16 lacks MCE integration. Seeing as I still use windows 7 and windows 8.1 both with MCE and the fact for sure windows 8.1 is still under support I thought it odd Cyberlink would drop a easy plugin that really would take zero development to maintain as it is just a pointer for their main program. I wrote a suggestion to Cyberlink asking for it's return. Wasn't really expecting a email of any kind. I put it in the suggestion category. Figured it get ignored. They emailed me back and advised the matter was being forward to development for future patches. Only time will tell.

Just wanted anyone that still uses MCE and PDVD that this is what the story is so far.

On a different note as always if you do not need the integration which was minimal I know, the v16 is quite snappy and runs really fast. Load times for bluray media has been quicken. Though I did not get my stopwatch out lol, it just felt faster to me. It feels like what powerdvd should have been many years ago and not just now.

Peach everyone and take care.

Does this answer you question?

"Regarding your concern, I would like to inform you that PowerDVD16
can be integraded with the Windows Media Center. Please follow the below
step:
1) Settings ---> Start Menu and Extras ---> Extras Library and tick the "Play Blu-rays Disc" option. 2) Close Windows MC. 3) Open Windows MC. 4) Settings ---> Start Menu and Extras ---> Start Menu and tick the "Cyberlink PowerDVD 16" option."

I tried the above instructions ans powerdvd 16 does not show up in the start menu. I am pursuing the matter with Cyberlink. If other people are have problems with WMC and powerdvd 16 they should pursue getting it rectified with Cyberlink. I think that they are working with Microsoft to end HTPC's and promote the XBOX 1

I submitted a support ticket for Poerdvd 16 not supporting WMC. Here is the response.

PDVD16 FAQ has a note to mention the previous PDVD 15 Cinema mode has revised as TV Mode in PDVD16.
http://www.cyberlink.com/support/product-faq-content.do?id=18953
And, to deliver a better user experience when switching between PowerDVD TV Mode and PC Mode, the TV Mode is no longer embedded with Windows Media Center.

BR
Hicham

Not in defense of Cyberlink but I do have to admit that w/o the MCE interface the tv mode does appear to be snappier and more responsive. Just the simplest things like minimize with dvd paused or changing media from within are faster and less pauses between transitions. I still would like to see the integration with MCE as I don't buy it as the excuse why the powerdvd program could not be perfected before. Seems lousy to blame MCE on all it's ills but that's what people/companies are doing nowadays.

With the Android remote app you got the same thing as with MCE!

Back