• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Power DVD will not work with ATI

old blue

Just got a new Liteon BD player with oem software Power DVD 7.1 Ultra. It will not let me play a BD due to it's unability to confirm the legitamecy of my 4850 ATI GPU running dr ver 8.1. in XP. Anyone know a workaround? I have Any DVD HD

Just got a new Liteon BD player with oem software Power DVD 7.1 Ultra. It will not let me play a BD due to it's unability to confirm the legitamecy of my 4850 ATI GPU running dr ver 8.1. in XP. Anyone know a workaround? I have Any DVD HD

I have some newer ATI 7300 cards that do not work with anything other than PDVD 7.xx

Have you downloaded and installed the latest patch from cyberlink? If not that would be my next step. Not sure on the ATI driver as I use Nvidia but I have seen people talking about one that is newer than the one you listed.

Since we don't have a more clear explanation of the problem it's harder to help with.

PowerDVD checks for HDCP compliance. PowerDVD also decides what videocards and drivers are acceptable. A person with a brand new ATI Radeon HD 4850 might find that PowerDVD hasn't yet been updated to know that, "Yes, that is an acceptable card." The same goes for both NVIDIA and ATI drivers. Granted some of the drivers have posed some issues themselves.

The problem may be that the version of PowerDVD doesn't know of the existence of the 4850 and so it's failing PowerDVD's test for compliance and acceptable use.

Update to the latest Catalyst drivers (8.12) and use the very latest PowerDVD update to see if this resolves the problem.

Since we don't have a more clear explanation of the problem it's harder to help with.

PowerDVD checks for HDCP compliance. PowerDVD also decides what videocards and drivers are acceptable. A person with a brand new ATI Radeon HD 4850 might find that PowerDVD hasn't yet been updated to know that, "Yes, that is an acceptable card." The same goes for both NVIDIA and ATI drivers. Granted some of the drivers have posed some issues themselves.

The problem may be that the version of PowerDVD doesn't know of the existence of the 4850 and so it's failing PowerDVD's test for compliance and acceptable use.

Update to the latest Catalyst drivers (8.12) and use the very latest PowerDVD update to see if this resolves the problem.
OP states that his/her oem PDVD is 7.1 - AFAIK all oem versions are 7.3. To get 6 channel audio, make sure you update to the oem 4402 version BEFORE updating to latest 4617 version offered on cyberlink site. Catalyst 8.1 may not work well with later pdvd builds, so yes, he/she should update to latest (although some report issues, I can run oem 7.3 4617 fine with catalyst 8.12).

OP states that his/her oem PDVD is 7.1 - AFAIK all oem versions are 7.3. To get 6 channel audio, make sure you update to the oem 4402 version BEFORE updating to latest 4617 version offered on cyberlink site. Catalyst 8.1 will not work well with later pdvd builds, so yes, he/she should update to latest (although some report issues, I can run oem 7.3 4617 fine with catalyst 8.12).

Actually, I always saw OEM versions not being lower than v7.3.xxxx. Now that they have given OEM users 6 channel audio maybe that has changed.

Actually, I always saw OEM versions not being lower than v7.3.xxxx. Now that they have given OEM users 6 channel audio maybe that has changed.
They only gave 6 channel audio in the latest builds (7.3.4402+) - why would OP version be a lower number (7.1)?
Old Blue needs to post more system info to get help.

Back