• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Power DVD Playback issue?

Xtrap1979

Hi,
I'm not quite sure if this is related to Any DVD or Power DVD, I guess it's probably Power DVD but I hope you can help me whatsoever.
When I try to playback a BD using the mpeg-2 codec the screen looks like this(see picture). I tried different version of PDVD with the same result.
I managed to fix it for a short time but now it's back and I don't know what I should do about it? I suppose it might have something to do with the graphic driver/ filter/ region code(?) installed but I tried and even reinstalled my complete system.
Maybe this is a known issue and anybody has a solution.
Thanks a lot

Attachments

• DSCN2539.JPG
    DSCN2539.JPG
    28.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
The wierd thing is that the video only messes up when the codec is mpeg-2 if it switches from mpeg2 to vc1 I can watch the vc1 encoded part.
if I open the mpeg2 part via open file directly using power it works but I can't change the audiostream. I'm pretty desperate what to do now....

What version of PowerDVD are you running? Which video card drivers do you have installed?

I tried Power DVD 3104, 3304 and 3319.
I have a Nvidia 7600GS.
Forceware driver 163.71 WHQL.
Also tried the 169 beta.
I ordered a ATI card today. I hope it works better for me then. (even though it worked at first)

On one of my machine's, I get the same "static" screen during the intros of Surfs Up (and a few other movies) after I've ripped it to the HDD, but the main movie plays ok.

The machine that has the same garbled display as yours has:
7300LE
163.71 Forceware
Both 2911 and 3319 PowerDVD did the same thing

My other machine has no problems, well, at least not the "static" screen the nVidia machine has.
HD2600XT
7.11 Catalyst
Both 3104 and 3319 PowerDVD work ok

If I remember reading correctly for NVIDIA to respectively to playback HD content the minimum card is a 7900? Not sure since I run a 8500 GT.

If I remember reading correctly for NVIDIA to respectively to playback HD content the minimum card is a 7900? Not sure since I run a 8500 GT.

I sometimes got the message that my hardware isn't supported.
However, it used to work before with the same movies which makes it weird.

On one of my machine's, I get the same "static" screen during the intros of Surfs Up (and a few other movies) after I've ripped it to the HDD, but the main movie plays ok.

The machine that has the same garbled display as yours has:
7300LE
163.71 Forceware
Both 2911 and 3319 PowerDVD did the same thing

My other machine has no problems, well, at least not the "static" screen the nVidia machine has.
HD2600XT
7.11 Catalyst
Both 3104 and 3319 PowerDVD work ok

If you click on show information(in PowerDVD) you'll see that it says mpeg in the menus. the films are usually in vc1. Only a few blu ray movies (like rocky balboa) use mpeg2 for the full movie as well.

I'll try my 2600XT as soon as I get it and hope it works better for me....

If all goes well the next few months I'll get in the HD game although it'll be BD first as that is the drive that will be given to me, wonder if James will hate me now? Of course I use a 8500GT though, if I was to ever use a 7000 series it would have to be the 7900 or 7950 ones though.

The 7300LE is in my server, and I only use PDVD to check the rip and make sure it plays back ok. VC-1 and AVC are choppy as the sea in a hurricane on it and my dual core AMD is at 100% utilization, but all I care about is whether or not the video plays.

My HTPC that serves the film to my monitor has the HD2600XT, and it works great.

The 7300LE is in my server, and I only use PDVD to check the rip and make sure it plays back ok. VC-1 and AVC are choppy as the sea in a hurricane on it and my dual core AMD is at 100% utilization, but all I care about is whether or not the video plays.

My HTPC that serves the film to my monitor has the HD2600XT, and it works great.

Are you using the same forceware version as I do (the most recent one)??

Just finished installing my Radeon 2600XT. Works great now. The error must have been somewhere in the Forceware driver.

However, I still can't play Die Hard 4 with PDVD.
It displays a region code message at the beginning even though the region code is B in the software and the BD. PDVD 3319a

As far as I can remember there was something with the region code, wasn't it? James or somebody else addressed it. Is it the one were you should install two version 3319a and 3104 or so?
Do BD+ such as Die hard 4 work with the old version?
Could some sum it up for me, can't find it anymore....
Thx

Back