• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Power DVD 8 - unsupported format error

Fratar

Hello,

all of the sudden my powerdvd8 is getting an error "There is a disc with an unsupported format in drive E:" when I try to play my blu-rays. I presume this means that anydvd is not taking the hdcp protection off? I haven't been able to play bd's for a couple of weeks thinking that the next update would fix it. I just installed today's update and no change. What can I do to fix this? Thanks.

Joe

Log files!

Also do you have daemon tools lite installed, if so then that's your problem

I did have Daemon Tools and just uninstalled it and rebooted. No change. Also, what do you recommend for mounting images if Daemon isn't preferable right now?

Here's the log file. Thank you very much for your help.

Joe

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_E_ZOHAN_P2_NA.zip
    276.1 KB · Views: 20
1. Uninstall STPD: http://forum.slysoft.com/showpost.php?p=124439&postcount=5

HL-DT-ST BDDVDRW GGC-H20L 1.02

2. Update your drive's firmware
For LG drives, visit http://www.lge.com/support/software.jsp
a) select your location at the top
b) select dvd-rom (writer) link
c) scroll through or search the various pages until you find your burner

Ver: 8.0.1830.00

3. It's possible you may need to update Powerdvd: http://www.cyberlink.com/multi/download/patches_1_ENU.html

4. Click the red fox icon on your toolbar. Navigate to "video Blu-ray".
Select "always ask for region code of inserted disc".

Thanks. I went through the list but it didn't change anything. Region A is the region to enter, correct?

Any other ideas?

So you also updated to the latest PDVD 8 2201a? And manually removed the STPD? it doesn't uninstall when you remove DT you have to do it seperately

Thanks. I went through the list but it didn't change anything.

And you use Virtual CloneDrive?
Using Daemon Tools will cause the "There is a disc with an unsupported format in drive E:" error.

Thanks guys, it's working now. I didn't do anything but follow the directions above and after rebooting a number of times, suddenly it works. Thanks again.

Joe

The only Fix

Will I had the same problem and it could not be fixed. - The only way to fix the problem is to re-install your OS fresh. - You may not like this option but it's your only option. - All blu-rays and HD's work perfectly fine now.

It's not the only way to fix the problem. As has already been stated before the problem usually arises from having DT lite and the SPTD driver installed, just un-install DT and manually un-install the SPTD driver then use VCD instead and the problem goes away. To say reinstalling your OS is the only option is blatantly wrong

Fixed my problem. DT was hosing me! I have lifetime slysoft apps but never uninstalled DT since it just worked (until now). Thanks!

Back