• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Portable UHD Drive Recommendation (Slim & USB-C Preferred)

Gmangt34

Hey all!

I'm looking to upgrade my full-size BD drive to something that can be an AIO with UHD. It'll probably go between my desktop and laptop depending on use case.

- Live in the US
- Not burning, just ripping
- Prefer slim for portability & USB-C since my laptop has no A ports, while my desktop has both
- If you know of an enclosure as well, feel free to throw it out, otherwise, I'll find one. The drive working is the important part. :)
- Bonus points for availability on Amazon since I have a couple of gift cards to use. Price isn't an issue unless we're talking $500+ Land Rover drive

I recently saw Deep-Space recommend one in another thread, but that user didn't require UHD or slim.

Thanks!

I recently saw Deep-Space recommend one in another thread, but that user didn't require UHD or slim
Nevertheless, the Verbatims are both slim and USB C. Just confirm that it has a UD04 inside when you get it.

Since the german link might be useless for the US, I am not going to post it again. Just search for Verbatim slim UHD or take my link from the other thread.

I've had really good luck with the LG brands, Using an older one as backup right now, have M-Disk Lg mounted in my Huge black & white case wit 6 16 Tb drives I didn't like where they were stored in supplied case, plus they are now incase with the fan immediately blowing on them, and power supply cords next to them are easy to insert. With them also being excluded from boot order if you don't want them attached at the same time for cooling purposes & air flow issues. A/C in apt set to 72 degrees.

Anyone have a picture of an LG brand mounted like mine, that cool obstructed air flow, to hard drives (highest source of heat in case)?

Hey all!

I'm looking to upgrade my full-size BD drive to something that can be an AIO with UHD. It'll probably go between my desktop and laptop depending on use case.

- Live in the US
- Not burning, just ripping
- Prefer slim for portability & USB-C since my laptop has no A ports, while my desktop has both
- If you know of an enclosure as well, feel free to throw it out, otherwise, I'll find one. The drive working is the important part. :)
- Bonus points for availability on Amazon since I have a couple of gift cards to use. Price isn't an issue unless we're talking $500+ Land Rover drive

I recently saw Deep-Space recommend one in another thread, but that user didn't require UHD or slim.

Thanks!
Please see my PM.

So, I figured I'd update the topic. I lucked out with a Pioneer BDR-XS07UHD with 1.02 firmware. :)

Drive Information
Manufacturer: PIONEER
Product: BD-RW BDR-XS07U
Revision: 1.02
Serial number: XXXXXXXXXXXX
Firmware date: 2022-10-24
Bus encryption flags: 13

LibreDrive Information
Drive platform: RS8E21
Firmware name: PIONEER BDR-BDS7
Firmware type: Original (unpatched)
Firmware version: 1.02/ID05