• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PM received: complaints about viruses on my PC

WilliamDuncan is banned, please don't paste the URL to the scam site.

I got the same one from the Duncan person. First thing I noticed was "number of posts" was 0, which told me they weren't even a regular member.

Off topic but related to PM's.

According to notifications I have one unread PM but nothing in either the inbox or outbox.

Off topic but related to PM's.

According to notifications I have one unread PM but nothing in either the inbox or outbox.

I have similar.
There is one empty PM which have no title and sender in Inbox.
Its date is 9:00 1st January 1970.

Regards.

I would presume that's because the Mods killed the PM's - but the system left a "ghost" of the PM's behind.

-W

I don't have a lot of computer experience, and when I have a problem, I try to come to this site. I see numerous posts by someone who calls himself/herself "Clams", and most of his/her posts are insulting someone. Why is this allowed? Because someone needs help, it doesn't mean he/she is a 'dweeb', it means they need help. If I had more time on my hands, maybe I could send derogatory comments about others, instead of helping them correct whatever is wrong. How many of the insulted people come back to this forum? Who oversees these comments, and why is this allowed?
Please advise, I am interested

Hmmmm I smell the stinky bait... I'll bite. :D

First of all this thread was about "feral PM's" - and you'll note that my comment directly above your post was addressing that very issue - as to how to make them go away or lessen the impact of them.

The very fact that your post "calling me out" was in this thread - as opposed to it's own thread - indicates that you did not read the procedures for the proper use of the board as well. (Or you would have started your own thread to yell at me.)

Which brings us directly to your point - and mine.

The AnyDVD forum has a few "sticky threads" that if read and followed would solve about 95% of the user problems. However it seems that some people are too lazy to read those threads before posting. They don't provide the proper troubleshooting information (logfiles) or (like you just did here) they rudely piggyback thier own issue into an existing thread without any regard for the people that started or were working the original thread.

The only other thing I tend "call out" once in a while are iether
A) People who post a problem without reading anything first.
B) People who likewise post "strange answers" becuse they failed to take a moment to properly read and understand the question(s). Example here: http://forum.slysoft.com/showthread.php?t=39017
C) People who guess at answers. When I don't know somehting - I say so.

And actually.. by my own tally... only about 15% of my posts could be deemed to have a "left handed compliment" attached - that's hardly "most" of them.
And 100% of my posts contain usefull help for all those poor little n00bS and dwEEbs who post here without bothering to read the basic info first. :D

-W

Last edited:
I am curious why you didn't try and answer the OP's questions since you obviously read through the thread and were making an issue of the responses.

Simply because I ran way out of my lunch break... I'm headed back there now.
PS: Never mind... I see you fixed it perfectly.

My greater point was about how many threads like that appear every week that need someone to bat clean-up. It gets old when the same people show a proclivity to type first and read later. And I hate "re-work" as it's unproductive. I try to stay in the AnyDVD forum to avoid getting spread too thin as well.

-W

Last edited:
Back