• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please Tell Me What to Buy

sammysrefuge

I have a 64-bit Windows 7 machine, a Sony PS3, and two great flat screen TVs. I the TV that I bought can connect directly to my network and see media servers. The other television must use the Sony PS3 to access Networks.

We have about 400 DVD that we have legally purchased but the kids are starting to scratch them. We want to put them onto a computer and have it be accessed from the television and PS3.

One TV does 1080i and the other is a 1080p machine.

We do occasionally buy a Blue-Ray disk that we would like to add to our personal computer server collection.

I do need software to remove the DRM and then another to record in into the format I want. However, the format still needs to support 1080p.

So my question, is, What software that Slysoft offers will accomplish my desires?

Thanks so much for any help.

- Jason

CloneDVD2 Will make a SL or DL backup and doesn't add quality to the backup all SD's are usually 480i so you can't make that better at all. You'll still need anydvd HD and that is the decrypter. Also the HD part can rip Blu-Ray Discs too. Slysoft doesn't have a copying/burning program to do Blu-Ray just yet but are working on it and there is some other options you could use for now if needed. It does work on 64 bit as well. The backups will playback on a 1080p TV as well with no issues.

I do need software to remove the DRM and then another to record in into the format I want. However, the format still needs to support 1080p.

Are you saying the 400 disks you have are all HD-DVD's or Blu-Rays ?

I ask this because only those disk formats support 1080p
If youhave regular DVD's then your copy programs need not support Blu-Ray.

-W

The discs that I have are just standard DVDs.

I am having problems though. I have AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD2 installed on my computer. I put in the old DVD movie "Radio", opened CloneDVD2mobile and told it to rip it to my computer using the PS3 16:9 setting to burn it. I did tell it to use the highest quality setting that it had.

It did burn it, but I have two problems. The first is that the audio and the video is not in sync. The second is that when I view it on my 1080P 46" television, that it does not look good. The picture is not clean.

I do not need to reduce the size of the recording and I do not need to shrink the size of the display. However, I do need to make sure that it records in a codex that my computer can read (like mpeg4).

- Jason

I am having problems though. I have AnyDVD HD and CloneDVD2 installed on my computer. I put in the old DVD movie "Radio", opened CloneDVD2mobile and told it to rip it to my computer using the PS3 16:9 setting to burn it. I did tell it to use the highest quality setting that it had.

It did burn it, but I have two problems. The first is that the audio and the video is not in sync. The second is that when I view it on my 1080P 46" television, that it does not look good. The picture is not clean.

I do not need to reduce the size of the recording and I do not need to shrink the size of the display. However, I do need to make sure that it records in a codex that my computer can read (like mpeg4).

- Jason

What version of CDVDM are you using?

- Jason
Can you use the .vob passthrough mode of CDVDM and let the PS3 upscale it for you to 1080?

Can you use the .vob passthrough mode of CDVDM and let the PS3 upscale it for you to 1080?

Thanks for the info! Yes, That did work, but....

There are two locations that I want to watch my movies at, both in my house. At one location, I have a PS3 and at the other I have a Sony Bravia TV that can connect directly to my network.

Here is what I found, once I creat the single .vob file, and if I use the program "Wild Media Server", then I can view the movies in either location and the audio and video is in sync. However, I can not find any way to watch the single .vob file, that CDVDM created, on my computers. The strange thing is that if I just use AnyDVD to rip the DVD to my Hard Drive, leaving all of the different files, then I can view the different .vob files from that DVD on my computer. The downside to leaving them this way is that then my tv and my PS3 see them as each file being a separate movie.

I am running Windows 7 Professional on my computers.

I appreciate any advice that you can offer.

- Jason

However, I can not find any way to watch the single .vob file, that CDVDM created, on my computers.

Can you use MediaPlayerClassic or PowerDVD to view the vob file from the computers? I'm not sure if there is a free version to PowerDVD, but MediaPlayerClassic is free.

Last edited:
VLC media player is free and will play your VOB files and darn near any other video file without the need to add a bunch of codecs. Google it.

Back