• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Please! No Hair left! Take mercy on me! I need help!

mikegee

I recently purchased both anydvd and clonedvd2. Ripping and writing is easy even when ur like me..i know nothing. What I want to as is how do you rip a movie to the hard drive to be streamed to the TV..just like the "downloaded movies" .I tried with HERO, and got a lot of .VOB files. How in the world to I get these to one movie, avi, mpg, etc?

Again, ripping and writing is no problem, but all the searching I have done does not show me how to rip and make the movie viewable by streaming as i can do my "downloaded movies" can ANYONE help me accomplish this?

thnaks
Mike...and OLD newbie

I think you'd need a third party program to convert them to another format.
When you download a movie to your computer to stream to the TV - what format are the files in?

-W

PS: You don't have to thnack me any more. I got thnacked enough as a child. :D

MP4 or DivX may be right up your alley as it is one file a it seems to stream easier too. I assume you have the TV hooked up to the PC to do this or you have another piece of hardware that syncs the TV to the PC?

they are usually avi, and i use xilisoft to covert them to mpeg1, which my player can deocde. This is the first time I thought i would take a movie and rip it my HD, but anydvd ripped all the chapters of the the largets track. I thought it would simply rip the largest vob to the hd where i could convert it. My problem is i cannot find a pgm to either only rip the largest track, which i assume would be the movie sans all the other crap, or to combine all the .vob that are ripped ny anydvd. Does this make sense? that's my problem? i don't have enough sense to make it work.

mike

charlie: yes, TV hooked up to Plasma. Will divx convert all these individual vob to one playable movie? also, is every dvd ripped down to its individual chapters as andydvd did?
thanks
mike

I don't run a HTPC and if you use Clonedvd Mobile that it takes just the main movie no extras etc.... I could be wrong though. As for xilisoft never used it. However when you have a movie ripped to the hdd it will convert all the VOB's in that folder to a divx format. Note the riped folder that you used to convert will still be VOB's though so after the convert you may want to delete that as you have a divx format which is one big file.

thanks charlie.........now the 24000 dollar question. what pgm to use to convert? got any ideas? that will get me on my way.
thanks

mike

i would suggest clonedvd mobile as well. you can use the vob passthrough profile to make a single large .vob or you can use the generic (divx) profile to make an .avi

I believe you want VLC Media Player.

After using AnyDVD Ripper or CloneDVD to rip your DVD to a directory, use VLC Media Player's "File," "Open Directory" to play it for streaming.

VLC Media Player is freeware.

Well..thanks to everyone. i am using clonedvd mobile, and it works great. windows media server is playing them great. what a terrific set of tools. thank you all so much for helping me with this.

I am ripping my first blue ray today. now I have to figure out how to get it streamed. It is TROY, which I believe has no BD+.

I may have to holler again.

Thanks again
mike

You might even try the program that comes with NERO..

It is called NERO RECODE 3:
recode.gif

Also you can set a video to an optional size on this setting:
(Good for I-Pods, either by MB Size or By CD or DVD's)

I use this to recode program for resizing video before post then to YouTube
because they have to be below 100mb and sometimes I go over..

target-size.gif

Back