• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

please help! STILL can't get anydvd to work...

also, the error code is different after deleting the processes you recommended...

while trying to rip to hard drive: FileIO 3 VTS_01_0.VOB 7757824 335872

while trying to transfer to blank disc: File 1 D:/VIDEO_TS/VTS_01_0.VOB 30 TCSectorReader

dunno if that helps...

thanks!

Both error messages mean the same thing: Read Error.

Post a new log of Tropic Thunder after setting the drive region. Posting the log for another movie doesn't help with this issue.

Last edited:
hey drinklye...

done deal! you'll find the logfile attached...

thanks for taking a look at it!!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_TROPIC_THUNDER_DIR_CUT_AC.zip
    74.5 KB · Views: 6
while this issue is a bit beyond my understanding (at least in terms of fixing it myself) i'm pretty sure there's an issue with how anydvd is "reading" the dvd - whether the issue lies with another program or process mucking things up i don't know... i'm sure you guys have a firmer grasp on whatever is going on...

i really do enjoy the anydvd product and hope we can find a solution... thanks for all the help!! happy holidays!!!

To be honest your problem with Tropic Thunder appears to me to be a bad disc. Having said that, however, it's hard to say that and be sure due to your prior issues.

i doubt the original disc is bad... i've been having problems with every disc i've tried to record...

do you think uninstalling / reinstalling anydvd would help?

i doubt the original disc is bad...

It could very well be. Try creating another user account--or try on another computer. Same problem? Then you have a bad original disc even if it plays fine.

do you think uninstalling / reinstalling anydvd would help?

Not if a background program is interfering with Anydvd, no.

You should not be running Powerdvd, Nero, or anything other program that could access the drive while you are attempting to copy.

success!

it's clear that one of the programs running in the background was interfering with anydvd... since i couldn't nail the exact cause of the problem (i tried ending only the nero and power dvd processes, but that didn't work) i simply "end process" on all of my "user" processes (with the exception of "explorer.exe") before i start... it definitely does the trick!

only takes a minute or two, so it isn't too inconvenient... it'd be AWESOME if slysoft could compile a list of programs that tends to interfere with the recording process... if anydvd could prompt users with the specific issue --instead of only reporting a read error (i actually replaced both dvd burner unnecessarily)-- i think it would help a lot of users... regardless, you guys have been a HUGE help!

thanks for all the helpful advice guys!!! you rock!!!

happy new year all!
- m

success!

it's clear that one of the programs running in the background was interfering with anydvd... since i couldn't nail the exact cause of the problem (i tried ending only the nero and power dvd processes, but that didn't work) i simply "end process" on all of my "user" processes (with the exception of "explorer.exe") before i start... it definitely does the trick!

only takes a minute or two, so it isn't too inconvenient... it'd be AWESOME if slysoft could compile a list of programs that tends to interfere with the recording process... if anydvd could prompt users with the specific issue --instead of only reporting a read error (i actually replaced both dvd burner unnecessarily)-- i think it would help a lot of users... regardless, you guys have been a HUGE help!

thanks for all the helpful advice guys!!! you rock!!!

happy new year all!
- m

I do have a list of known programs that cause issues with Anydvd. Unfortunately, since you are unable to figure out which program is causing conflicts for you, I will be unable to update the list.

unbefrickenlievable!!!

i know you're going to find this difficult to believe, but i'm having problems AGAIN! it seems that once we find a solution that works it just goes to crap the next day!

i created three log files... one older movie and two new ones... i've tried to copy SEVERAL other dvd's during this session... the issue is definitely NOT a bad dvd... please take a look and let me know if there's something that needs to be fixed...

thanks!

Attachments

• AnyDVD_Info_D_GHOST_TOWN.zip
    101.6 KB · Views: 3
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_KING_NEW_YORK.zip
    83.2 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_Info_D_THE_DARK_NIGHT.zip
    86.6 KB · Views: 1
unbefrickenlievable!!!

i know you're going to find this difficult to believe, but i'm having problems AGAIN! it seems that once we find a solution that works it just goes to crap the next day!

i created three log files... one older movie and two new ones... i've tried to copy SEVERAL other dvd's during this session... the issue is definitely NOT a bad dvd... please take a look and let me know if there's something that needs to be fixed...

thanks!

Attachments

101.6 KB · Views: 0
    83.2 KB · Views: 0
    86.6 KB · Views: 0
Please do not double-post the same posting and start a new thread concerning an existing issue. I've merged the threads.

You've resolved your problem twice now, apparently, yet the problem comes back. If this was truly a problem with AnyDVD then I don't think you could just resolve it at all.

The reason I believe the new user account worked was because it was pristine without garbage running. It worked at first but then it broke down after you had installed more software. You had more than a few background processes running which indicate numerous software installs and these programs leave processes running all the time even when you aren't running the actual program. Examples of program that do this are Nero and Apple iTunes.

With your latest logs you had iTunes installed, the Bonjour service also likely installed with iTunes, and SpySweeper to list a few items.

I'm of the opinion that this is system-specific and something you have installed be it software or driver is causing your problems. It's possibly a driver conflict, two programs not getting along, etc. None of us can physically sit and look at your system or analyze things to see what causes what as changes are made and when you get to the point we are at offering advice becomes far more complicated and I am completely out of suggestions.

hey drinkdye, thanks for writing back...

i'm at a complete loss myself! i used to have god-knows-how-many applications running while burning dvd's, yet i rarely had problems... you guys are probably right - maybe something i installed in the past few months is interfering with anydvd...

i'll remove bonjour and see if that helps... odd thing is, i just successfully copied "havoc," but i still cannot copy the other movies i mentioned...

arg! i'm definitely looking forward to putting this issue behind me! thanks again for all your time and help!

- m

i've uninstalled "bonour" but that didn't help... spysweeper shouldn't be a problem... i've always used spysweeper and it hasn't been an issue in the past...

i'll create and attach logfiles for those same movies... if there's another issue that you see please let me know its process name so i can remove it via the task manager...

thanks!
- m

Attachments

86.6 KB · Views: 1
    83.1 KB · Views: 0
    97.1 KB · Views: 0
If I were you I would redo my computer with a complete system restore and wipe everything out and start from scratch. Apple and Spysweeper have caused problems for me in the past as well so I no longer use them.

i just don't understand how iTunes and / or spysweeper could just start causing problems within the last few months when i've been using them for years... i suppose it could be something in a recent update?

regardless, i can "end process" for the iTunes / apple applications, but not spysweeper - looks like i'll have to uninstall it altogether... could you recommend another spywear / antivirus program that won't interfere with slysoft products?

thanks for all the help and advice!

Last edited:
Back