• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playing It Cool hangs on CDM rips

i7win7

This may be a CDM issue? I tried to rip playing it cool with CDM (drive L) it gets to 99% complete and hangs, I have to use task manager to kill the CDM process tree.

I then ripped the file to an ISO and mounted it with VCD (drive I) and tried to use CDM to create a divx/avi file. Watching the CDM snapshots, it gets to the end of the credits and hangs at 99%. and won't exit. Must use task manager to kill the process tree.

The disk looks clean, but I have used the forum for enough years to know looks can be deceiving.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.6.2.1_Info_I_PLAYING_IT_COOL.ziplog
    83 KB · Views: 0
  • AnyDVD_7.6.2.1_Info_L_PLAYING_IT_COOL.ziplog
    93.7 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
and what exactly is CDM? What did you use to create the DVD iso? Hopefully not anydvd, you're not supposed to use the anydvd iso ripper with DVD's. Remember the warning you got?

CDM = CloneDVDmobile

The warning means an ISO mounting tool will be needed to use the file = VirtualCloneDVD

I posted here because the decryptor (AnyDVD) is passing data to CDM

Anydvd doesn't pass data to CDM. Anydvd rips/decrypts, thats where the buck stops. It's CDM that reads the mounted ISO (mounted in VCD) and processes the data, if the iso is a protection free one anydvd doesn't do anything to it.

VirtualCloneDVD? No such thing exists and no. That's not what the warning states.

When you try to rip a DVD to ISO, anydvd specifically warns you NOT to do it. Read the 2nd line again "if you wish to process the disc with external applications such as dvd shrink (CloneDVD Mobile falls under this same category), you should best use the function "rip video dvd to hard drive"".

Even so, when the iso is created, anydvd doesn't come into play anymore at all.

You mount the iso, you read it with CDM. Only those 2 interact. So it's likely an issue with CDM or the mounted iso.

Back