• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playing a DVD

Lightning Bolt

There is no issue(s) but, I recently bought a new DVD and tried playing it in my DVD disc drive. At first it did not show up at all for my PC to read or play it. While I had the DVD in the drive I decided to open AnyDVD to let is scan the disc to see what would happen. AnyDVD did not find any protections on the disc but it did patch the UDF file system for the disc.

Now that the UDF is patched the DVD now plays even without AnyDVD open. I thought this was strange, I was curious why this happened? Could it have been that the recent update to AnyDVD had a patch update to the UDF and that is the reason now the DVD will play without AnyDVD open? I thought this was interesting because I did not know this was going to work so I could play the DVD on my PC. If I was to try playing this same DVD on a different PC do I need to do the same thing for AnyDVD to patch the UDF on that PC as well? Thanks.

Back