• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playback trouble from an external drive!

cballlv1

OK... This has me stumped... I have some dvds ripped to an external hard drive (used video vault to rip). When I try to play them in Media player 11, I get a wrong region error. BUT!!! When I play the same file, transfered to my internal hard drive, they play fine. Now here's the kicker... When I play these same files from the external drive on my PC in the other room (the drive is shared on my home network) they play back just fine. Both PCs have the latest anydvd running, both are windows MP11. The only difference is the "other PC" is running XP pro, while this one (the region error culprit) is running Vista Home Premeium. I believe all the permissions and settings are the same on both the external, and internal disks, I checked twice and will check again to see if I missed anything.... Any Ideas anyone?? Stumped...

As this has nothing to do with Anydvd, I'll move this thread to the third party products forum.

Back