• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Playback error with the latest version of Anydvd HD

herlock.1978

Hi James and all the slysoft team,

Since several week, I experienced playback issues with blu-rays which play fine before and it dues to the latest version of Anydvd HD.

I tried all the player I can get (PowerDVD, MPC-HC, KMPlayer,...) and the issues are still here (using DVXA or different Software codec). I even formated and reinstalled windows XP with no effect.

The issues are present with my main drive (Pionner BDR-205) but also with an old LG GGC-H20L on another PC (with also the latest version of AnyDVD HD) or installed on my PC-HC for test. In order to be sure that this issues coming from AnyDVD HD, I also installed instead of the last version an old one (6.6.4.8 ) and all the playback issues were gone.

You will find all the log in attached document (system info, log with the latest beta version and with the 6.6.4.8 ). I hope you will be able to help me. Do not hesitate if you need more information.

Thanks in Adance.

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.8.3_Info.zip
    2.8 KB · Views: 4
  • AnyDVD_6.6.4.8_Info_E_38739357_HARRY_POTTER.zip
    219 KB · Views: 6
  • AnyDVD_6.6.8.7_Info_E_38739357_HARRY_POTTER.zip
    220 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum, I am thinking that it's an issue with either your playback software, a codec issue, etc. AnyDVD just rips the disc, bit for bit, it doesn't modify it in any way(besides protection removal) and if there really was an enormous bug like this where you couldn't play backups without artifacts the forum would probably be flooded with posts about it. When you stick the original disc in either drive and play it(with and without AnyDVD enabled), does it look like the above picture?

Hi Racem,

I agree with you it's why I tried several players, codecs and so on with the original discs but no effect. I even reinstalled windows XP. The only thing that remove all the payback errors (and yes, all the errors are these kind of macroblocs showed by my screen) was to reinstal a previous version of Anydvd.

It seems clearly related to the "extraction" of the data because the "macrobloc" appear always on the same frames each time.

I made a new test. I ripped on my HDD the same m2ts file using first the latest version of AnyDVD (6.6.8.7) and again using the 6.6.4.8. I play this two files using the exactly same configuration (latest MPC-HC using DVXA).

=> here the ripped file using the version 6.6.4.8:

=> Here the ripped file using the latest version:

So clearly my issue is related to bad descryption coming from the latest versions of Anydvd. Why just on my PC... I don't know.

P.S: usually I don't rip my blu-ray but directly play it from my drive.

Last edited:
I don't understand how it could be different as all it removes is the AACS encryption which is really old for this one and wouldn't have been changed in any way

I think it's more related to the latest "driver" of Anydvd => AnyDVD (System32\Drivers\AnyDVD.sys), Version: 6.6.7.4. But I don't have the version 6.6.7.3 to verify this.

But I agree with you and it's why I checked my bios, reinstall windows xp and add another drive... Again, the only thing that solve the issue was to install an old version of Anydvd.

Can you please give us a detailled description of your system (mainboard, cpu & graphic card). Perhaps use CPU-Z and GPU-Z to get this info and post logfiles from the both (or screenshots)

Hi,

I will post the log soon. but quickly :

Motherboard: Abit IP35 Pro with Intel 9.1.1.1019_1594 chipset drivers.
Cpu: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 (no overclocking)
Graphic card: Sapphire ATI 2600 XT with driver 10.7
System: Windows XP SP3 freshly installed.

So clearly my issue is related to bad descryption coming from the latest versions of Anydvd. Why just on my PC... I don't know.

P.S: usually I don't rip my blu-ray but directly play it from my drive.

I am not saying that AnyDVD "isn't involved", but it can't be a decryption problem. If AnyDVD would decrypt AACS incorrectly, the picture would be black and you wouldn't have sound.

Hi James,

Here the screenshot from GPU-Z:

And in attached document the log file from CPU-Z.

I tried the version 6.6.7.0 and no problem either as the 6.6.4.8. If you don't mind, can you please provide to me the beta version 6.6.7.3 and 6.6.7.4 because I think that my issue comes from the 6.6.7.4 and especially from the bugfix in bold:

6.6.7.4 2010 07 22
- New (Blu-ray): Added support for new BD+ protections
* New (Blu-ray): Updated decryption keys
* New (Blu-ray): Removes copy control information (CCI) from transport stream
- New (Blu-ray BDAV): Workaround for bug of some BD recorders with dual layer
discs causing the second layer decryption to fail
- Fix (Blu-ray): Playback of m2ts files from discs, which are protected by BD+,
could fail
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• CPU-R log.zip
    11.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
I tried the version 6.6.7.0 and no problem either as the 6.6.4.8. If you don't mind, can you please provide to me the beta version 6.6.7.3 and 6.6.7.4 because I think that my issue comes from the 6.6.7.4 and especially from the bugfix in bold:

I'll PM you the link to 6673 & 6674. I've not got 6673.

Thanks Mike, but a password seems needed to access to the files in the ftp address that you send me by PM, the anonymous connexion is refused.

Thank you again Mike.

So I made the test. Using the 6.6.7.2 I play five minutes one of the most affected blu-ray and no issue detected. So I installed the 6.6.7.4 and again the issues are present. So for me my issues seem related to the last version of the driver starting from the 6.6.7.4.

But I'm surprised to be quite alone to have this issue. What is your view to solve it?

Last edited:
Perhaps someone else has 6673 to narror it down further. After this it'll have to be one of the developers who needs to help.

Thank you very much for your support, I really appreciate.

I'm obviously available to give you any more information or help, please let me know. This issue is very frustrating for me because I'm a big BR consumer and so Anydvd HD is a key element of my installation.

Neither of those will effect you as it's not BD+ or BDAV
I'm not completely sure about that.... :rolleyes:
But I wonder... if there is a problem in the driver, I would assume our support team would be flooded with complaints.

I'll talk about this problem with "SuperPeer(tm)" tomorrow, maybe he has an idea...

I agree with you James... I really don't understand why this issue seems to affect only my PC. Anybody here is no longer on XP SP3?

My initial thoughts were along the basis of the CPU incorrectly handling the SSE2 instructions. Maybe a floating point issue. Shot in the dark.

Back