• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PLayback BD-R in standalone players

brianw_uk

Are discs created with software such as AnyDVD/TS Muxer/ImgBurn generally compatible with mosts Blu-Ray players? I read somewhere that some players won't play BD-R/RE discs. I'm considering getting a BD burner but no good if discs won't play outside the PC!

It depends on the player. Some players won't play BD-r's no matter what as it's been disabled in the firmware so you have to be careful which one you buy. But most of the ones that will read BD-r's will play back ups or movie only copies of the films

It depends on the player. Some players won't play BD-r's no matter what as it's been disabled in the firmware so you have to be careful which one you buy. But most of the ones that will read BD-r's will play back ups or movie only copies of the films

Which manufacturers have disabled BD-R playback? I'm guessing the likes of Panasonic, Pioneer will work? How about PS3?

i have some issues with the stand alone players i have a a playstation 3 and all of them work in it. but what standalone player will the work in i used image burn to burn them thanks

The PS3 seems to be the most compatible, as to any others it's probably best to find one you like then ask about that specific model

The PS3 seems to be the most compatible, as to any others it's probably best to find one you like then ask about that specific model

The Panny and Pioneer both say they support BD-R/RE. When the time comes to get a player I'll probably get one of those models.

When you decide on the exact model, search on the forum or ask if anyone else has it and if it plays back ok. Also, check firmwares being used as that can also make a difference.

Last edited:
i talked to a guy at best buy and he said that there is on 2 stand alone players that will play my copied movies samsung and a sony that comes out later this month, are their any other that anyone else knows of thanks

That's rubbish, many players will play back copies. Just read through the forums and you'll see that people are using other makes that already play back copies and that Samsung have been removing BD-r playback in newer firmwares

I bought a Samsung BDP1600 and an LG BD 370 recently. Both have the newest firmware on it, and both play BD-R and BD-RE without any problems.

That's rubbish, many players will play back copies. Just read through the forums and you'll see that people are using other makes that already play back copies and that Samsung have been removing BD-r playback in newer firmwares

Seems a bit stupid, what happens to people who make their own BDs from camcorders etc?

I bought a Samsung BDP1600 and it does play my copied blu-ray movies thanks for the info

Back