• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PI Movie Error

Suntower

Hi,

The 2007 movie 'PI'.

Never seen this one before.

I get an error TCE 5 IFO when I attempt create a DVD. I received no errors when I ripped it with AnyDVD 2.7

Any ideas?

TIA,

---JC

Attachments

• pi-error.rar
    31.6 KB · Views: 8
AnyDVD 2.7 was a long time ago, we're now on 7.1.0.0. You need to post an AnyDVD logfile from the original disc

Last edited:
My bad... I should've said 'most recent version of AnyDVD'. It was actually 7.1.

Any ideas now?

Or do I still have to run AnyDVD -again- on the DVD to get this log, or can I get that info from the folder where the VOB and IFO files are created?

TIA,

---JC

The log file has to be from the original disc, anything else is a waste of time.

The log file has to be from the original disc, anything else is a waste of time.

Grrr.... OK. I'll re-rip and report back.

Two questions/suggestions for AnyDVD
1. Is there a way to automatically store all the logs some place... just in case something like this happens? Normally, I just -assume- that the rip has gone OK if AnyDVD has no errors. So if I find a problem with CloneDVD, it's kind of a pain to have to re-rip.

2. Could you guys change the AnyDVD Installer so that it doesn't automatically set AnyDVD to auto-start. It's a small thing, but it should remember your preference.

Thanks,

---JC

A log file is an "on-demand" thing, one is not created without user request.

BTW, an AnyDVD log file doesn't require anything more than having AnyDVD running when you insert the original disc, let AnyDVD completely decrypt the disc, and then rightclicking the red fox icon in the notification and selecting "Create Logfile...". No reripping required.

RE: the request for not defaulting an install to check autostart, this has been requested in the past by many people. In a nutshell the Devs have said "it ain't gonna change".

Last edited:
OK. Here's the AnyDVD log.

The actual error comes in CloneDVD @ 99%... right -before- the actual burning normally begins.

TC IFO 5

TIA,

---JC

Attachments

• AnyDVD_7.1.0.0_Info_D_PI.zip
    111.6 KB · Views: 6
From your log file:

Summary for drive D: (AnyDVD 7.1.0.0, BDPHash.bin 12-09-28)
ASUS DRW-24B1STA 1.04 2010-10-12 13:07
Drive (Hardware) Region: 0 (not set!)

You need to set the drive's region. Completely exit AnyDVD, don't just disable it, and set the region. If you don't exit AnyDVD Windows gets spoofed by AnyDVD that the region is set when it isn't. Check AnyDVD's status window after it has decrypted a DVD to make sure the region is actually set.

If you are still having problems even after setting the region create and upload a new log file so the developers can see if there are any problems they need to know about.

On a side note you might consider updating AnyDVD to the latest beta (check the top of the AnyDVD or AnyDVDHD forums for the latest version), but not 100% necessary since PI is not a recent release.

OK. Here's the AnyDVD log.

The actual error comes in CloneDVD @ 99%... right -before- the actual burning normally begins.

TC IFO 5

TIA,

---JC
In AnyDVD settings, try to set the AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc.

In AnyDVD settings, try to set the AI scanner to "always enabled" for this disc.

Nope. Man, am I sick o' -this- disc. Haven't had this much trouble with -any- disc in 2-3 years.

Attached is CloneDVD log as the error screen requests.

Any other ideas?

---JC

Attachments

• PI-Clone_DVD.rar
    56.1 KB · Views: 3
Nope. Man, am I sick o' -this- disc. Haven't had this much trouble with -any- disc in 2-3 years.

Any other ideas?

---JC
I assume AnyDVD's "rip video dvd to harddisk..." will produce the same error?
Can you try this, please?

I assume AnyDVD's "rip video dvd to harddisk..." will produce the same error?
Can you try this, please?

That's the only option I ever use.

What other option is there, other than ISO? (which I never use)

---JC

That's the only option I ever use.

What other option is there, other than ISO? (which I never use)

---JC

I thought you used CloneDvd on the original disc? So, AnDVD did not throw an error?

Any other ideas?

---JC

Yes, read FurryGuy's advice and follow it.

Back