• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PerfectDisk Build 11.00.174 (06/02/2010)

sparkym5

Changes in PerfectDisk Build 11.00.174 (06/02/2010)
1. Correct issues connecting to and displaying data stores for Exchange 2010
2. Change behavior when stopping a defrag pass. PerfectDisk used to display the statistics at the time you stopped even though they were inaccurate. PerfectDisk no longer does this.
3. The display files in block feature has been disabled during a defrag and analyze pass since there was no data to display
4. Corrected some display issues on the virtual machine tab
5. Added support for translation into Japanese
6. Corrected some statistical calculations when files are being added and deleted from the drive during the defragmentation pass.
7. The list of drive types that can be impersonated was limited to prevent confusion. The purpose of impersonating drive types was due to the inability to accurately determine whether or not a drive is a solid state drive.
8. Corrected a display issue on the Hyper-V host product. GUID was being displayed in lieu of the guest computer name.
9. Clarified the code to ensure the user realized the schedules maximum duration only applies to the online portion of the schedule. There is not maximum duration for a boot-time defragmentation pass.
10. Ensure that PerfectDisk does not attempt to perform an offline defragmentation pass on a FAT/FAT32 from a schedule. This functionality is not supported.
11. Corrected some typo's in displayed text
12. Changed the default behavior regarding file modification date on FAT/FAT32 drives. When no date exists we now display nothing. We used to display 1980.
13. Improved the layout to better fit all the on screen data
14. Corrected a bug when defragmenting drives greater than 2,147,483,648 clusters (8 TB with 4k cluster size)
15. Improved boot-time defragmentation logging.
16. Corrected a display issue with the schedule tab buttons when using Group Policy.
17. Certain error messages were improved to aid the user in understanding what went wrong.

Homepage - http://www.perfectdisk.com

Does this issue just affect Pro or does it affect Home Premium, as well. :)

I have no idea. I don't know how similar or different the boot-time/offline defrag is between the Home Premium and Pro versions. They might be exactly the same but I really can't say.

Boot-time defrag has caused some people some extremely serious issues with this update. Refer here: http://perfectdiskprousers.ning.com/forum/topics/offline-defrag-pd11-pro-hangs. I, myself, uninstalled v11.0.0.174 and reinstalled v11.0.0.170.
No problems here with the Boot-time defrag, went straight thru without any hanging whatsoever, of course no two machines are alike so maybe some people are having more problems than others. Just out of curiosity DrinkLyeAndDie did you try a Boot-time defrag with the updated version before reverting back to the 170 version?
I'd already read the comments on the PerfectDisk forum before I updated as I'm also using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, and there have been no further negative comments since June 2nd on the forum thread, but having said that nobodys bothered to give an update about their problems being solved or not so maybe it's just a bug in their own setup rather than with PerfectDisk, but as I said all is good here.

No problems here with the Boot-time defrag, went straight thru without any hanging whatsoever, of course no two machines are alike so maybe some people are having more problems than others. Just out of curiosity DrinkLyeAndDie did you try a Boot-time defrag with the updated version before reverting back to the 170 version?

No. I didn't wish to find myself having the problem. I've discovered, reported, and helped test fixes for bugs with PerfectDisk in the past. I just don't have the time more recently to screw around with an issue that will cause me headaches and downtime.

I'd already read the comments on the PerfectDisk forum before I updated as I'm also using Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, and there have been no further negative comments since June 2nd on the forum thread, but having said that nobodys bothered to give an update about their problems being solved or not so maybe it's just a bug in their own setup rather than with PerfectDisk, but as I said all is good here.

Yeah, I never posted here but I knew about the update when it was released and updated. I then saw the posts about the boot-time defrag issue and I was just about to do a major defrag using aggressive free space consolidation. I cleaned out huge amount of obsolete data wasting space and the best process in doing a nice defrag is to do a boot-time defrag and then run an online defrag. I dropped back to build 170 and did my defrag.

Hands down I believe PerfectDisk is the best defrag program. O&O is also good but I had a bad personal experience with it. I have a few friends who use it and love it and that's cool. It just caused me a big problem on my system. Don't even get me started on Diskeeper because I have nothing positive to say about the company, its "philosophy", or its products. :rolleyes:

Anytime I've dealt with Raxco the customer support has been superb and they've done their best to fix issues as quickly as possible. In the case of some problems it really might take them some time to duplicate the circumstances under which a problem occurred so they can't always fix stuff in a day or two. For now there are no fixes in the changelog of build 174 that radically impact me so I just have no urgent need to update. :)

Last edited:
Fair comment DrinkLyeAndDie, thanks for taking the time to expand on your thoughts.
I check the PerfectDisk forum most days just to keep upto speed with any new problems especially on new releases, been using it for years well before it was posted on here, but as with change you don't find out what's the best product unless you try them, and it seems there are a lot of converts from the Slysoft forum now using this product judging by past threads on Raxco.
At least members are now aware there may or may not be a bug in version 174, but for me all is well. :)

Fair comment DrinkLyeAndDie, thanks for taking the time to expand on your thoughts.
I check the PerfectDisk forum most days just to keep upto speed with any new problems especially on new releases, been using it for years well before it was posted on here, but as with change you don't find out what's the best product unless you try them, and it seems there are a lot of converts from the Slysoft forum now using this product judging by past threads on Raxco.
At least members are now aware there may or may not be a bug in version 174, but for me all is well. :)

I've exclusively used PerfectDisk for close to a decade now. Raxco has never let me down. :) Great great product by a well run company with superb customer support.

Back