• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PDVD9 or TMT3?

Tmt3

:agree:TMT3 is the way to go. I have never been this happy.

I only use PDVD 9...my original 9 version does everything I want it to do...I don't know what TMT3 could do better? best answer would be..."whichever One is Free" ?? (no further commentary on that)

TMT3 allows you to play Blu-ray from folder and has less issues when playing back mounted Blu-ray ISO's

ah so TMT3 is better.. well, my use of my PDVD 9 is very simple..I anydvdhd the orig. BD in my Pioneer BD burner drive, open Nero 8 burning rom version, hit "copy Blu Ray disc"...read it to my internal sata E drive BDMV folder, burn it to a Verb. BD-R DL in the BD burner drive...AND THEN, I play it on PDVD 9 to verify/preview it...then we go to the H T to watch it on the 100" Stewart Film screen..

TMT3 allows you to play Blu-ray from folder and has less issues when playing back mounted Blu-ray ISO's

Also, don't know why this is the case, but TMT3 seems to have better blacks in file mode than in disk mode. I did an A-B comparison with Underworld 3 Bluray and the difference is decently noticeable on a projector screen.

For now, i've gone back to backing up my disk to a bluray structure as opposed to an iso file because of that. I know this may mean that if TMT3 ever removes the file mode, i'll have to start backing up to ISO, but for now, just knowing that i can get a better picture in file mode makes me want to use that method to watch movies.

Again, i don't know why this is case or if my eyes are lying to me, but i'd be interested to hear if anyone else has tried the same comparison and got a different result.

Adbear: a little unfair,I would say.Zero mounting pbs with pwdvd9.Anydvd or not,using the latest VCD version.

PrincipalityFusion: I have the same feeling.I was always under the impression that there was something slightly off in the video rendering (XP sp3) with TMT3 (.160 and previous).I'd like to be more scientifical,but I can't.I just trust my eyes and I definitely prefer a pwdvd9 picture.

Adbear: a little unfair,I would say.Zero mounting pbs with pwdvd9.Anydvd or not,using the latest VCD version.

PrincipalityFusion: I have the same feeling.I was always under the impression that there was something slightly off in the video rendering (XP sp3) with TMT3 (.160 and previous).I'd like to be more scientifical,but I can't.I just trust my eyes and I definitely prefer a pwdvd9 picture.
Not unfair at all, otherwise Slysoft wouldn't have had to add the workaround option for PDVD in AnyDVD HD

Not unfair at all, otherwise Slysoft wouldn't have had to add the workaround option for PDVD in AnyDVD HD

Note on the side - I think James mentioned a while ago that recent PDVD9 versions don't require that workaround anymore.
Never crosschecked though...

Still: TMT3 all in all is the better choice: plays HD-DVDs too, which PDVD has abandoned, plays from folders and seems to have a better integration into WMC (though I haven't tested PDVD9 in that respect for a while anymore).

And it's just a feeling from watching their progress: they seem to have the better programmers :)

Back