• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PDVD 10 Avatar 3D

Datus

i am using windows 7 64bit

ATI 6850 graphics card with 10.12 drivers

PDVD knows its 3D as its sending frame packing signal to my projector but the image is 2D

other 3D films are fine, resident evil, christmas carol, open season, alice in wonderland.

I asked pdvd support and they said something to do with fox bd live which i belive is hocum.

tried with anydvd hd running and without.
one strange thing is that if anydvd hd IS running with removal of bd live the menu titles are 3D

can't find anything on the web or slysoft forum so im thinking im running with stuff that is too new for otheres to have had experiance with.
my 3D projector is jvc.

any ideas or sugestions welcome.

PS total media theater makes all films including avatar 3D semi 3D which is very strange and is not suitable.

Last edited:
What do you mean by 'Semi 3D' I can play out my 3D movies via TMT and PDVD with no issues at all

Last edited:
does not play in 3D
it thinks it is as its sending frame packing signal to projector but its 2D

other 3D films are fine, resident evil, christmas carol, openseason, alice in wonderland.

i am using windows 7 64bit
ati 6850

Are ATI cards supported for 3D? Last time I tried only Nvidia cards worked.

The 6xxx series do 3D, but not sure if they are supported in PDVD yet

yes ati does work now there was a new release 5th jan to power dvd 10 ultra.

semi 3d shows back depth and not forward. sounds very strange but trust me it does do as described.

Not for me it doesn't, but then I'm using an Nvidia 570

modified the question to see if it helps someone help me.
thought id give it one more try.

tried with anydvd hd running and without.
one strange thing is that if anydvd hd IS running with removal of bd live the menu titles are 3D
Oh, you may have found a bug. I was implementing a solution to playback 3D-only discs on 2D TVs / projectors. Maybe some of this code slipped in. :eek:

can't find anything on the web or slysoft forum so im thinking im running with stuff that is too new for otheres to have had experiance with.
PS total media theater makes all films including avatar 3D semi 3D which is very strange and is not suitable.
IIRC you can swap left / right eye in TMT and PowerDVD. Much better than wearing the glasses upside-down. ;)
Maybe this solves your problem.

thanks for the reply.
i have installed the latest ati drivers 11.1
i also reinstalled powerdvd 10 and latest patch.

that didnt seem to make any differenece how ever i can now say the bd live doesnt seem to effect it 1 way or another.

I have now fixed why its shows 2D rather than 3D with avatar and you will laugh at it.

in ati catalyst control center
option gaming
option 3d application settings
option anti-aliasing
TICK use application settings!!!

how frigging strange is that.

thought i would post for any other poor souls who get this.

Back