• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

PC wont read disc

Tom4700

After backing up a movie I put it in my pc to make sure it works. I get an error messgae stating "A disc with unsupported format in drive D". I then put the disc in my dvd player connected to my tv and it works fine. Do I need to change a setting before I burn a disc so it will work on my computer? Alos I never had this problem until I rebooted my computer a couple of weeks ago.

What bank media are you using? What software did you use to make the back up?
If you've got AnyDVD - if possible, post a Logfile when the disc is in the drive.

Like he said... post an AnyDVD logfile of a completed disk.

Also if you use DVD+R make sure you set the "booktype" to DVD-ROM

-W

After backing up a movie I put it in my pc to make sure it works. I get an error messgae stating "A disc with unsupported format in drive D". I then put the disc in my dvd player connected to my tv and it works fine. Do I need to change a setting before I burn a disc so it will work on my computer? Alos I never had this problem until I rebooted my computer a couple of weeks ago.

Sounds like you don't have a codec or player installed on your computer for DVD playback. A free DVD player is MediaPlayerClassic. There are others also.

Sounds like you don't have a codec or player installed on your computer for DVD playback.
According to his initial post, everything was fine until recently.
Are you suggesting his 'reboot a couple of weeks ago' deleted his codec and player?

According to his initial post, everything was fine until recently.
Are you suggesting his 'reboot a couple of weeks ago' deleted his codec and player?

"A disc with unsupported format in drive D"
Means it doesn't recognize the DVD format, which to me means codec. But you are the expert.

Means it doesn't recognize the DVD format, which to me means codec.

Ya... It's either that... or he burned "something" that was not a true DVD.
Attempting to play a commercial DVD would sort that out pretty quickly.
-W

I have no idea how to post a AnyDVD logfile or how to change the booktype. Thanks for your help so far

I have no idea how to post a AnyDVD logfile or how to change the booktype. Thanks for your help so far

To post a log file:

A. Post an Anydvd .zip log file

a) Ensure Anydvd is running.
b) Put the problematic original movie dvd in your burner. Wait for Anydvd to scan the disc.
c) Right click the red fox icon on your system tray.
d) Select "Create Logfile"
e) Wait for Anydvd to create a log file.
f) A pop-up screen will appear. Take note of the location where Anydvd created the logfile and the logfile's name. Click "ok".
g) Windows Explorer will open, and you will see a zip file called "Anydvd_Info_titleofmydisc.zip" (or something similar; see step f)
h) When replying or posting in the Slysoft forums, look for the icon that looks like (in other words, look for the paperclip after clicking "quote" or when creating a new thread)
i) If you don't see that paperclip icon, click the "go advanced" button. You should see that icon now. Click the paperclip.
j) A small pop-up screen should appear (if it doesn't please ensure your browser is enabled to allow pop-ups from the Slysoft forums)
k) Click the "Browse" button, and locate and select the .zip file you created.
l) click "upload"
m) Close the window. When you submit reply, or submit a new thread, the .zip file will be attached automatically for us to take a look at

Last edited:
Here is the log

Attachments

• AnyDVD_6.6.8.0_Info_D_No Label.zip
    12.8 KB · Views: 8
As we say in NY...

Here is the log

Fogedaboudit.

I doubt this is a retail studio DVD and with this in the log:

0.22s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
0.22s: tries 9 retry 256 to 272
0.22s: tries 8 retry 256 to 272
0.22s: tries 7 retry 256 to 272
0.23s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
0.23s: tries 6 retry 256 to 272
0.23s: tries 5 retry 256 to 272
0.23s: tries 4 retry 256 to 272
0.25s: read sectors failed, sense 3:11:5
0.25s: tries 3 retry 256 to 272
0.25s: tries 2 retry 256 to 272
0.25s: tries 1 retry 256 to 272
0.27s: tries 0 retry 256 to 272
0.27s: read error 256 to 272, max 2295104, io->read_error 1
0.28s: Sending Patchlevel 0
0.28s: mode 0 0x0

I suspect this is a DVD not normally produced.

Fogedaboudit.

I doubt this is a retail studio DVD and with this in the log:

I suspect this is a DVD not normally produced.

Well yes... expecially since the original premise of the OP was that he was having a problem with a disk he burned himself.

He said it will play in a DVD player but not his PC

-W

Back