• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Question Paypal Litecoin Payment Not Working

meshguru

Hello RedFox! I'm an old, old SlySoft AnyDVD license holder. I've completed my RedFox AnyDVD HD trial -- works great!!!!! -- and I'm trying to purchase an AnyDVD HD license. I've placed 2 LTC in my paypal wallet using a debit card, and it shows as 100% available. I've followed your instructions for purchase via Paypal crypto, and gotten to the address/QR code page three or four times. I've copied the address string. From Paypal, Finances, Litecoin, send/receive, send to email or LTC address, I've pasted the LTC address into the Paypal send address field, selected the name that comes up, hit Next, entered $75, a bit more than the .89 LTC needed at this time for the 2 year license ... and Paypal tells me "There's a Problem, The Transaction Can't Be Completed Now." No details. Each time I went back to RedFox.bz and selected Cancel This Payment to try again. I'm guessing the problem is on Paypal's side? Any idea how to work through it? Thanks....

Hi @meshguru

There is no need to cancel all your orders, this has nothing to do with Paypal errors.

"There's a Problem, The Transaction Can't Be Completed Now." is a known Paypal error (bug?) which is explained in our FAQ:
https://www.redfox.bz/pay-in-bitcoin-with-paypal-for-us-customers.html#step3

That is likely due to the transfer being initiated just after purchase. Paypal's crypto platform is provided by a third-party proxy and therefore every transaction may need additional verification before the crypto becomes readily available for transfer. This review can take up to 5 business days.

Some customers reported this error was caused by adblocker and/or VPN.

So if you do not have a VPN active (which might look suspicious for Paypal), please just wait 2-3 days then try again to transfer Litecoin to the wallet address one of your cancelled redFox orders or create a new order.

Ivan

No VPN active. Thank you. I found some discussions indicating it was a Paypal bug related to crypto availability, irrespective of claims of availability, but nothing that was definite, and I failed miserably to adequately search your FAQ. Will try again at intervals...

Created a new order yesterday. Transfer initiated. Today Paypal says recipient has yet to respond.

Paypal says recipient has yet to respond.
This is not an expected message. This might appear if you try to send crypto to another Paypal customer and should NOT appear if you send to an external wallet.
An external wallet address is anonymous and cannot reply...

Maybe you missed one of these two left-right-arrow buttons. Try to cancel this Paypal transaction and start again with
Open PayPal in a new browser window or tab, then click on Finances and then the currency you bought.
from https://www.redfox.bz/pay-in-bitcoin-with-paypal-for-us-customers.html#step3

Please take some screen shots during process and if you still have issues, please send me the screenshots in a private conversation:
https://forum.redfox.bz/conversations/add?to=ivan

"Maybe you missed one of these two left-right-arrow buttons. " ? My redfox.biz "Step 4/4 Finished!" screen looked just like the example you link, half way down on the left, the same window that includes the "Cancel This Payment" button:

I have no way to scan a QR code. There were no arrow characters or icons in the string. The target address began with "ltc". I verified that all characters shown in the paypal QR code/address screen target address copied to the Litecoin send address. Furthermore Paypal reports that the address resolved to a specific recipient, who has yet to respond. I'll send you details via PM.

It is of course not cancellable, but if Paypal for some reason mapped your target address to a paypal email ... why would it do that??? ... then most likely the erroneous recipient will think it's a scam and ignore it, in which case I'll get my ltc back in a month. Even if I don't it's no big deal. We'll figure it out. More details coming to you. And thank you.

After you get to step 4 of 4 in our payment process you can click on the QR code ,copy the address and paste it into the Paypal box for payments.

It is of course not cancellable, but if Paypal for some reason mapped your target address to a paypal email ... why would it do that??? ... then most likely the erroneous recipient will think it's a scam and ignore it, in which case I'll get my ltc back in a month. Even if I don't it's no big deal. We'll figure it out. More details coming to you. And thank you.
No, it can't do that. Every address is different. Thanks for trying, once you learn the crypto process it will be advantageous to you in the future.

After you get to step 4 of 4 in our payment process you can click on the QR code ,copy the address and paste it into the Paypal box for payments.

Yes, that's what I've been doing. Paypal for some reason translates the target external address string into a paypal member's ID, and won't let me proceed unless I agree with that selection.

No, it can't do that. Every address is different. Thanks for trying, once you learn the crypto process it will be advantageous to you in the future.

But that's the thing. Each of the six times I've gone through the process, Paypal chooses a particular and consistent Paypal member ID instead of the target external address, and only allows me to continue if I select Paypal's choice. The Paypal LTC send process hangs if I don't select what they come up with.

Important:
1) our (standard) QR code does NOT work with Paypal, they use their own internal standard.
2) Do NOT use the Paypal smartphone app, use a desktop browser and copy/paste address and amount from our shop (or email you received)

I have no way to use any QR code. I don't have any devices with a scanner app installed.
I have only one app on my old Android -- a code reader/config editor for my truck.

OK, this was just for information. Will have a look now at our private conversation...

Back