• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Discussion Paramount+ through AP - Star Trek:TNG only Season 1 HD

ripandburn

Thought I would post this here in the hopes there would be a solution.

I am noticing that Star Trek: The Next Generation on Paramount+ channel on Amazon Prime is 1920x1080 (HD) for Season 1 only. All other seasons (2 through 7) are 640x480. Yuk!

EDIT: It's even worse! Only the first two episodes of season 1 are HD, the rest are SD. Fix?

Last edited:
Thought I would post this here in the hopes there would be a solution.

I am noticing that Star Trek: The Next Generation on Paramount+ channel on Amazon Prime is 1920x1080 (HD) for Season 1 only. All other seasons (2 through 7) are 640x480. Yuk!

EDIT: It's even worse! Only the first two episodes of season 1 are HD, the rest are SD. Fix?
You probably want to post a log file for the devs to look at in the event it is something within AS causing that.

I tried reporting this issue to Amazon and have had nothing pop up. It's NOT an Any Stream issue since on a fire cube I had episodes show up in SD. Report each and every season to Amazon saying they aren't in 1080p. I tried this and nothing occurred. I even messaged a contact that works with prime video for his job and couldn't get any resolution.

Amazone Prime is a mess when there are problems with episodes. I have "Alf" season 1 in HD ordered, and the seasons are in wrong sequence and with wrong description. One episode is double and one is missing. Some descriptions are not even meaningfull german sentences or words. I have sent several mails in the last 3 months to Amazon. No success. Worst service ever (from Amazon, Anystream service is premium).

Amazone Prime is a mess when there are problems with episodes. I have "Alf" season 1 in HD ordered, and the seasons are in wrong sequence and with wrong description. One episode is double and one is missing. Some descriptions are not even meaningfull german sentences or words. I have sent several mails in the last 3 months to Amazon. No success. Worst service ever (from Amazon, Anystream service is premium).
I have also seen some weird things, but never bothered to look up their support site.

We can only download what Amazon makes available. Sorry about that.

Personally speaking only, I would under no circumstances contact their support for that. They are not going to do squat anyway based on a single report and if it is a real issue others will report it so I do not see the value in bringing attention to your account given the "use case".

Just my 2 cents.

I do not see the value in bringing attention to your account given the "use case"
Yes but if things have a weird description or are SD despite HD is known to exist (like the TNG remaster), it doesn't matter if you download it via AS or not. It is still bad and should be fixed for everyone else as well.

Yes but if things have a weird description or are SD despite HD is known to exist (like the TNG remaster), it doesn't matter if you download it via AS or not. It is still bad and should be fixed for everyone else as well.
Yes absolutely. But allow others to bring potential attention to themselves with very specific questions about naming, resolutions and codecs. My point here is simply by asking such technically poignant questions (even if they are entirely valid and legitimate concerns) you are giving people within that organization the opportunity to consider how you even noticed in the first place and why you care enough to contact them about it.

Just my opinion, everyone is free to handle that however they wish obviously.

Yes absolutely. But allow others to bring potential attention to themselves with very specific questions about naming, resolutions and codecs. My point here is simply by asking such technically poignant questions (even if they are entirely valid and legitimate concerns) you are giving people within that organization the opportunity to consider how you even noticed in the first place and why you care enough to contact them about it.

Just my opinion, everyone is free to handle that however they wish obviously.
  • There is a key combination for NF that shows details like resolution (at least I heard).
  • If Star Trek TNG is listed as SD, you don't need any special tool since it is stated directly on the website. That applies for Amz only though. Then you can just ask them why it is SD only when there is a remaster and BDs available. That will not raise any suspicion.
  • And if the details of a description is poorly worded or just stops (I have seen that often already), then everyone can see it, even without a Prime membership or even having an account. Anyone could report that.
So of course people using tools like AS should be careful when contacting the support, but these questions are still legitimate if you word them as a normal user would do.

• There is a key combination for NF that shows details like resolution (at least I heard).
  • If Star Trek TNG is listed as SD, you don't need any special tool since it is stated directly on the website. That applies for Amz only though. Then you can just ask them why it is SD only when there is a remaster and BDs available. That will not raise any suspicion.
  • And if the details of a description is poorly worded or just stops (I have seen that often already), then everyone can see it, even without a Prime membership or even having an account. Anyone could report that.
So of course people using tools like AS should be careful when contacting the support, but these questions are still legitimate if you word them as a normal user would do.
Nothing you said is incorrect. My point is, the risk vs reward on that one is very much not in your favor. From a human behavior standpoint very few people are going to take the time to go through a deliberately painful support process and let them know episodes 1-5 are in HD and 6-20 are in SD.

Just my take on it.

EDIT - Case in point about drawing attention
Code:
"Amazon cancels my account..."
https://youtu.be/Kcohq313q00

Last edited:
Personally speaking only, I would under no circumstances contact their support for that. They are not going to do squat anyway based on a single report and if it is a real issue others will report it so I do not see the value in bringing attention to your account given the "use case".

Just my 2 cents.

Actually, their support is TERRIBLE. After 3 days they will give you some answer completely unrelated to what you reported. And that is if you can even find a way to get hold of them at all!

Back