• AnyStream is having some DRM issues currently, Netflix is not available in HD for the time being.
    Situations like this will always happen with AnyStream: streaming providers are continuously improving their countermeasures while we try to catch up, it's an ongoing cat-and-mouse game. Please be patient and don't flood our support or forum with requests, we are working on it 24/7 to get it resolved. Thank you.

Paramount+ audio codec comparison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flymo

Hi everyone

When Paramount+ was first added as a provider to AnyStream, audio options were slim with only 131kbps AAC-LC Stereo and 194kbps DD+ (E-AC3) 6 channels.

Some Paramount+ content is beginning to show a 386kbps AC-3 option available. It is entirely possible that this has always been available without me noticing it until now but I digress.

DD+ (also known as E-AC3) is a newer and more efficient codec than AC-3, so it should almost always have increased fidelity when compared at the same bitrates. Given the older codec option has a bitrate of approximately double, does anybody know which option would be the best to choose for the highest audio quality? Assume that disk space is no issue.

When Paramount+ was first added as a provider to AnyStream, audio options were slim with only 131kbps AAC-LC Stereo and 194kbps DD+ (E-AC3) 6 channels.

Some Paramount+ content is beginning to show a 386kbps AC-3 option available

That is not something anystream suddenly supported or didnt support initially. AnyStream only shows what the provider makes available.

That is not something anystream suddenly supported or didnt support initially. AnyStream only shows what the provider makes available.

I never said AnyStream suddenly added support nor did I say AnyStream didn't have support initially. You knew this yet you chose to omit that part from your quotation.

Your reply did not relate to my single question. If you do not know the answer, do not post.

I never said AnyStream suddenly added support nor did I say AnyStream didn't have support initially. You knew this yet you chose to omit that part from your quotation.

Your reply did not relate to my single question. If you do not know the answer, do not post.
He can post anytime he wants.;)

Wow .. .what a tool ...

DD+ (also known as E-AC3) is a newer and more efficient codec than AC-3, so it should almost always have increased fidelity when compared at the same bitrates. Given the older codec option has a bitrate of approximately double, does anybody know which option would be the best to choose for the highest audio quality? Assume that disk space is no issue.

I trust that the best audio is always listed on the bottom of the audio drop down list. Newer codec would be reasonable to assume needs less bit rate for comparable quality of older. I would go with DD+, but you can test it out on your system and see which one sounds better.

He can post anytime he wants.;)

Even when it is unhelpful? I realise tone is hard to convey in text form and that post sounded meaner than it was intended to be however, Ch3vr0n posted advice that I am already aware of, has been done to death and which I didn't ask for. Not only did his post not relate to my post's question but he knew what he was doing given he quoted only specific text from my original post.

Even when it is unhelpful? I realise tone is hard to convey in text form and that post sounded meaner than it was intended to be however, Ch3vr0n posted advice that I am already aware of, has been done to death and which I didn't ask for. Not only did his post not relate to my post's question but he knew what he was doing given he quoted only specific text from my original post.
What do you expect from someone who has their PC specs on their profile? They're always posting things no one cares about/asked for.

Historically this forum has been a place where folks come to get help for Redfox products and to ask questions about how other folks handle their collections and what not.

What we don't do and what no one wants to see is folks attacking each other and lashing out. No one cares to see a flame war or an e-peen contest.

How about being civil and if you don't find something helpful then sobeit. Just move on.

There is no excuse for telling him not to post, he is a member just as you are, now drop it, and please do not tell anyone they cant post.

There is no excuse for telling him not to post, he is a member just as you are, now drop it, and please do not tell anyone they cant post.

Ch3vr0n has a history of bad behaviour. I do not regret calling him out on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back